X360 Over Heating Issues and how to help.

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
gameguy1
Peasant
Peasant

X360 Over Heating Issues and how to help.

Post by gameguy1 »

im new to the site and have never posted before on this site .i recently decided to mod my 360 fan to help with cooling .i found the 12v fan mod and alot of people who said it was a horrible idea . i personally decided to do it and yes it doesnt help my heat sinks were still hot .heres some data i gathered . im using a ryobi infrared temp gun to check temperatures.

Room temp--------------74 degrees F
heatsink temp --------74 degrees F (with system turned off)

once i turned on the system and let it run for about 30 min with a game running ,it got up to 132 degrees F.

i proceeded to search the internet again no luck, so i decided to just let it go and forget about it.

acouple of hours later it finally hit me when you have something hot you need to force air directly on to it to get it to cool.

from what ive seen the 360 wants to pull air from the tiny air vents and pass it along the heat sinks then out the back via the fan.well i think the air that is passing through the vents is warming to fast and not cooling the heatsinks. the air is cooler outside the system than inside the system. so i reversed the 12v fan mod so instead of blownig out it blows in. HUGE diffrence.

room temp-------74 degrees F
heatsink temp --------74 degrees F (with system turned off)

once the system had been on for about 30 min with a game running, i decided to check temps again

room temp 74 degrees F
heatsink temp --------80 degrees F (with system turned on)
i found this to be aswome so i let it run all night and still the same temp.i also checked the temp underneath the 360 and that was 95 degrees F. currently ive had the 360 on for 2 months now and temps still read the same .although the fan is louder i would rather have it loud and working than rrod.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: X360 Over Heating Issues and how to help.

Post by CoFree »

good stuff man

i do 12v fan mods on all the older console i get/have
but
never though about turning the air flow around
as long as the fan will move enough air to keep is cool
it should be good

also i mover it to a better thread ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
gameguy1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by gameguy1 »

it moves alot of air you can feel it coming off the heatsinks when the shroud is in place
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You should solder in a fan controller, that way you can control the speed, I'd go crazy hearing my fans running at 12v constantly.

Return to “General information”