Please help!

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
10mg
Squire
Squire

Please help!

Post by 10mg »

Help!!!

I just attempted a reflow on a rig i bought with 3 red light 0102 error.

Now, after putting back together. I get sometimes 2 red lights or 3 lights. Thats not what bothers me. When i had everything out i put new paste on and i get the sound of the paste 'boiling' on the cpu! I can only imagine that its the paste....might be something else.

I get no video the tray opens and closes at the button press.

Any ideas?
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Please help!

Post by moonknight »

Unless you are using Crisco for paste, you shouldn't get any "boiling" sound. Try this... clean off all paste. Install a small amount of arctic silver 5, or preferably ceramique 2 thermal paste. This should be applied as a thin line across one side of the chip die (about the width of a grain of rice), then spread evenly and thinly with a credit card or some other straight edge. I usually use the factory edge from a piece of cardboard packaging.

If you are getting 3 red lights that turn to 2 after running, that is something overheating for sure. I would try a reflow one more time if you are not getting any green lights, or adjust the pressure on your screws if using an xclamp fix in conjunction with your reflow.

Hope this helps.
10mg
Squire
Squire

Post by 10mg »

Thanks Moonknight.

I have reflowed it and put on better heat paste.

This time around I'm not getting any red lights, just the middle green light and nothing else. I can eject the disk etc and press the sync button which results in the circle of green lights. But nothing on display!

Any ideas?
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

You might still not have the reflow just right, but before reflowing a third time, try this:

Unplug both video and power cable, wait about 30 seconds, then plug back in and power up your xbox. If the same thing happens again, check to see if an error code is present. To do this, hold the sync button on the xbox, then press and release the dvd eject button. Do this four times, keeping the sync button held down, and count the number of flashing lights between each eject button push.
Four lights = 0
1 light = 1
2 light = 2
3 light = 3

This will create a four number error code to help troubleshoot the issue.

Another thing you can do is make sure the tv/hdtv slider is in the correct position on your video cable.

Post back with more info when you get it.
10mg
Squire
Squire

Post by 10mg »

Will try what you suggested. Will do it tomorrow. Not planning on giving up just yet!
10mg
Squire
Squire

Post by 10mg »

Hello MoonKnight>

Well i've done it all again. Re-flowed it and still nothing! The green light comes on, the drive will open &close but nothing else. The wireless controller connects but just flashes!

I cant even get it to do any error codes as you suggested!

Might be i'm not doing enough heat? So if you dont suggest anything then i'm gonna finally blast it! I've been doing the 15 seconds rule with the heat that long enough? so feel i go nothing to lose? Will make sure i cover the things that could go pop!
10mg
Squire
Squire

Post by 10mg »

I did what i said i was going to do and now getting rrod with error 0002 lol
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

Dead!
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

This is the method i use for my reflows, except I use all aluminum foil for heat shield, not paper and foil. I get my liquid flux for under the chip off of ebay, it makes a big difference imo. Heat gun on medium, never on high.

Return to “General information”