9504 slim drive Flashing Question

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
ImnotKALTIK
Peasant
Peasant

9504 slim drive Flashing Question

Post by ImnotKALTIK »

Hi guys ive got two slim drives with the latest legit firmware on them.
Both have never been flashed, i went to flash one this morning and to my horror i realised i cant get the key cause the chip is locked its a winbond chip,

I was hoping somebody could advise me on what peace of kit i need to do both drives.

Ive done my fat benq and fat litons ive got them up and running on LT-plus 3.0 i used my the X360usb pro with probe 3, but i realise im probably going to have to get something else to flash the slim 9504 lite-on Drives.

Im looking for the simplest option.

CHEERS
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: 9504 slim drive Flashing Question

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

ImnotKALTIK
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ImnotKALTIK »

Thanks yamackbuddy4

Thats what i was afraid someone would post.

To use those PCB boards id need my original Key but my chip is locked is there any way that i can get my key.
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

ImnotKALTIK wrote:Thanks yamackbuddy4

Thats what i was afraid someone would post.

To use those PCB boards id need my original Key but my chip is locked is there any way that i can get my key.
Grabbing the key from the locked drive is not an issue. The drive can be read even with a locked spi , you just cant write to it while its locked.Follow This Tutorial to get the Dummy Bin & Write The CFW With Unlocked Pcb. This tutorial is for a 0225 drive but the only difference is you will not be using 0225 firmware. Your drive was 9405 firmware drive but if updated to dashboard 13599 or higher it should be a 0401 drive. So 0401 fw is what you will load as your LT plus 3.0. All locked drives (besides the 1175 drives as this has not been publicly announced how to dump) were based on the 0225 firmware so Reading them is the same and once unlocked with whatever method you choose , writing them is the same . Follow the tut I posted and you will be able to easily get your drive hacked.

**Note**
Some of the 9450 drives were mislabled so when loading your hacked firmware make sure you go off what is displayed in Jungleflasher (only difference is you will load whatever firmware that Jungle flasher confirm your drive to be in target) Keep in mind this is not an issue if you have the complete lt plus pack in the firmware folder as Jungleflasher will autoload the Cfw for you. Also make sure you are using the latest Jungleflasher.
ImnotKALTIK
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ImnotKALTIK »

yamackbuddy4 thanks again, ill give it a try and ill post back when ive givin it ago thank you Again.

It looks a lot easyer than i tought it was going to be. :lol:
Last edited by ImnotKALTIK on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

ImnotKALTIK wrote:yamackbuddy4 thanks again, ill give it a try and ill post back when ive givin it ago thank you Again.
No problem man. Good luck.
Keep in mind the tutorial I posted link to is for using TX unlocked board. The writing of the unlocked board may vary using the matrix freedom.
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

Just to amplify, the key is not all the info you need for liteons, you need to have a full dump and dummy bin for this to work. Others have just saved the key from other methods and not been able to program a replacement board....
ImnotKALTIK
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ImnotKALTIK »

moonknight wrote:Just to amplify, the key is not all the info you need for liteons, you need to have a full dump and dummy bin for this to work. Others have just saved the key from other methods and not been able to program a replacement board....
Cool thanks moonknight ill make sure i have full dump and dummy bin files before i switch PCBs, its going to be a few days before the part arrives but when it dose ill post back.
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

moonknight wrote:Just to amplify, the key is not all the info you need for liteons, you need to have a full dump and dummy bin for this to work. Others have just saved the key from other methods and not been able to program a replacement board....
The tutorial I linked will grab all data needed including the dummy bin. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Return to “General information”