x clamp replacement fix for e74 still not working

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
devon87
Peasant
Peasant

x clamp replacement fix for e74 still not working

Post by devon87 »

I replaced the xclamps and put a nice smooth layer of artic silver 5 on the cpu and gpu chips. i put the heatsinks back on (not too tight not too loose). put the mother board back in its chassis, put the power button back on. i put power to it and turn it on. i get 3 red lights for about 4-8 seconds, then it switches to two red lights disabling the heatsinks from ever heating up. i know i need to heat the xbox up in order to get a good connection, but it doesnt ever get warm. i have done these steps over and over and i still get this same error. i have performed this operation on a different xbox a month ago and had great success, but this time i am completely puzzled. please advise if you have any suggestions!!!!!!
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: x clamp replacement fix for e74 still not working

Post by technoe »

Wrong spot I'll move it.
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You should try a heat gun, see if you can get your hands on one, they are much better as you can direct the flow of hot air to a specific area. Also, heat gunning is faster that heating the whole console, and less damaging.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

error 74
is not the old RROD error 102

its a scaler chip hardware failure. have a read over this.

http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 425305c859" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
DJ411
Peasant
Peasant

Post by DJ411 »

what i did was i removed the thermal paste and put some new thermal paste on... i put the Xclamps back on with a washer on each corner.(so the same side as Xclamps) didn't notice anything with them on it was suggested from a friend but that didn't work. So what i did was i took the penny trick but instead i put one stack of pennies directly under each CPU and GPU. Plugged in the wires,so thats video, power & Front starting button. Screwed in all screws that hold the Motherboard down then i Overheated it, went to bed. Turned it on in the morning and has been working for some hours now. If its cold it doesn't over heat but once its running its like a fast fan so its hot but not over heating. I'm trying to unbrick my lite-on so i can use the console again but i keep getting FF80 and doesn't change.

Return to “General information”