How to turn off automatic Xbox Live renewal

Anything 360 that don"t have is own tread
strykr535
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

How to turn off automatic Xbox Live renewal

Post by strykr535 »

By default, Xbox Live is set to automatically renew Gold subscriptions when a user's current membership expires, but not everyone is down with a surprise credit card charge -- especially if they're rocking a parent's plastic. Thankfully, Xbox Live's Major Nelson has posted a quick guide to help users disable the automatic renewal process. The steps are simple:

* Sign in to Xbox.com and go to the My Account section.
* Click the Membership level link on the left.
* You'll see a page that has your Membership level, and the end date. Under that, you'll see your "Automatic Renewal" status (as shown above).
* If it reads ON, users can click the ON link and be brought to a page to turn the feature OFF.
* If you'd like to change the setting to ON or OFF -- Click the link, make your selection, then click next.
* You'll be returned to your Membership level page, where you can confirm your selection

Just thought i should post this since i had this problem before

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: How to turn off automatic Xbox Live renewal

Post by CoFree »

great post
I just call and had to get upset with them because it auto renewed mine
I was going to renew but they did not need to do it.

this post is so good
i'll stick it for you.

good job man.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

This was one reason I always use pre-paid cards. Didn't want the recurring charges.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
ishthemienguy
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ishthemienguy »

Man, I swear I always try to find that button but can't find it, either that or I'm just blind. Thanks for the post though.
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

Great post. Since both of my boxes are banned at the moment, I figured this would be a good time to turn it off. The site has changed a bit since you posted the picture, but it's still on the same page. The bastards don't make it easy though, you have to wade through five pages of them begging you to keep it on before it gets to the check box. I hate crap like that! :evil:

Sorry about the rant!

Jman
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
twi5t3d
Bandit
Bandit

Post by twi5t3d »

for real i agree corporate devils :twisted:
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

Will forward this to a friend of mine, he has been on the phone every month for 4 months trying to cancel, but they keep billing his cc. Thanks for the info.
bodaciuos
Peasant
Peasant

Post by bodaciuos »

yeah i had to call to get this done... i never ask to be renewed.. this is BS.. what i do want to know is , how i can take the credit card off the account permanently so this doesn't happen again.. any one have any idea how this is done??
peacock
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by peacock »

i had no problems ..just rang ms and they took the auto renewal off the system...doesnt say it anymore when i log in to xbox...best thing to do is just report yr card lost to yr bank and they will send you a new card...auto renewal is then cancelled as the card details wont exist.. ;)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

peacock wrote:i had no problems ..just rang ms and they took the auto renewal off the system...doesnt say it anymore when i log in to xbox...best thing to do is just report yr card lost to yr bank and they will send you a new card...auto renewal is then cancelled as the card details wont exist.. ;)
You'll get banned for doing that. A friend of mine used his parents credit card for live, it expired and they renewed it but he didnt update the details on the account. I believe he was still a gold member when he got banned, he phoned Microsoft and they told him he was suspected of using a stolen credit card. He explained what happened and they unbanned his account.

It may have happened because he bought something with the credit card after it had expired, or they may have just tried to renew his account and saw the credit card doesnt exist anymore.
peacock
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by peacock »

i cancelled my auto renewal with ms by phoning them which they said they have..the other day i was looking through my bank statement and came acorss a debit of £5.00 from my account by ms for 500 live points...apperently one of the kids purchased them a few weeks ago when he was playing on xbox live...i thought my card was taken off the system ?..well apparantly not...so i ranf my bank and told them that i had lost my credit card..got new credit card today....so ms go FCUK yourself...try taking money out now...tossers! :mrgreen:

Return to “General information”