Wiimote + PC

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Wiimote + PC

Post by BobSeager »

Using a $20 iogear bluetooth receiver, bluesoleil and glovepie (and a wiimote and nunchuck) the wiimote now functions as a airmouse on my pc. + and - now zoom, A is single click, B is double click, up and down scroll the page.

This is pretty cool. There's tons of wiimote specific presets in glovepie, things to make it do all sorts of stuff. You can use it to play Goldeneye on the n64, or just use it for some retro gaming on the nes.

The only drawback is the mouse cursor/pointer is inaccurate as a pointer because the wiimote has no infrared point to calibrate it. It uses the accelerometers to gauge movement relative to a starting point. I have a wireless sensor bar I will ttry to connect when I have time.

Next up, I will be surfing google earth on the balance board!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Wiimote + PC

Post by CoFree »

BobSeager wrote:Next up, I will be surfing google earth on the balance board!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
technoe
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by technoe »

WOW!!!!
Today Money, Tomorrow the WORLD!!
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Ok, everything is working perfectly. Dolphin actually runs a wiimote script when you launch the emulator so the wiimote is automagically recognized and synched.

To solve the infrared bar issue, I turn on my wii and just let it sit idle, the wiimote uses the IR bar even tho it's not connected to the wii at all, and the accuracy on the computer using the wiimote is as solid as when using the wii.

I was playing punch-out with the wiimote and nunchuck, punching with my left and right hand to strike, and you can play marble madness using the wiimote tilt functions.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Wow thats sweeet. I kind of want to buy a wii just to do this :P
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

I'm going to try tealight candles instead of the IR sensor bar tonight if I have time. I've read it works, and it sounds solid in theory -candles produce heat thus they produce infrared radiation- but I will see how it works in practice. Two tealight candles roughly 7.5 inches apart, just like the sensor bar's emitters.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Candles will work. I've done it before with them. But they do burn down pretty quick if you get very involved with what your doing on the PC. The best thing I've found is a wireless sensor bar. They work great and don't consume a whole lot of battery either.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “General information”