USB Loader/GUI-FX and general Wii Help

hyperdrive
Bandit
Bandit

USB Loader/GUI-FX and general Wii Help

Post by hyperdrive »

Hey guys,

With all my time recently being taken up by Xbox 360/Life, my Wii knowledge has slipped behind somewhat.

I am currently on 3.4E as far as I remember, and I'm quite interested in this USB loader, saves disks around kids!

Anyway, I have read about updating a few IOS, before upgrading etc, could someone give me an Idea of what direction to go in.

I just need to know what to install first, any hacked IOS I need, and do I need to upgrade to 4.0?

I still would like to use Trucha signed wad's etc.

So as far as I understand, I need a rev10 IOS (249) and then upgrade or?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
_\*/*\HyperDrive/*\*/_
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: USB Loader/GUI-FX and general Wii Help

Post by sadalius »

If your on 3.4 right now, you will need to go ahead and update to 4.0.

Then download these two files:
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/sad ... p/Wii1.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/sad ... p/Wii2.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The take the first one and extract it to an empty SD card. Make sure that the contents gets put to the root of the SD card or it wont work. Put the SD card in your Wii and boot it up. Then do the following:

Go to the data management section of the Wii and choose Channels and then SD. It will ask you if you want to load boot.dol, choose YES.

This will run a program called Loadmii. It should have a few things to choose from here, the first one you want to choose is downgraderios35.dol run it by highlighting it and selecting A from your remote. Choose downgrade IOS35 and just let it do it's thing. Once thats done exit by pressing the home button on the wiimote and you should be back in Loadmii. Now run Wadmanager. Don't change anything when it asks what IOS to use, just leave it like it is for the moment. Install IOS35.wad and then exit wad manager by pressing the home button.

Run wad manager again. This time select IOS35 as the IOS to use.
Install CIOS7.wad then exit wad manager by pressing the home button.

Run wad manager one more time, this time select IOS249 as the IOS to use.
Install IOS36.wad, BUL3g.wad & HBC.wad

Exit wad manager and then reboot your wii with the power button. You should have Backup launcher and the homebrew channel installed. Almost done.

Now for some optional stuff:
Take your sd card back to your computer and delete the contents from it.

Put the contents of the Wii2.rar file on the SD card now.
Back at the Wii, put in the SD card and boot it up.
Launch the Homebrew Channel
Launch Wad Manager
Choose IOS249 and then install CIOS 38 rev 13b. It only says rev 13 on the menu, but this is 13b. All USB Loaders need this.
If you want to get a backup loader for game cube games, then install CMIOS rev3.
If you want to play wad games from the SD menu, install IOS60.

To be able to use Trucha signed stuff, use this:
http://www.teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/IOS-Downgrader_v1.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think I may already have the IOS-downgrader on the Wii2 pack, but I can't remember for sure.

Once you get all that done, you should be in optimal shape for homebrew. GUI-FX, USB Loader should work like a charm.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
hyperdrive
Bandit
Bandit

Re: USB Loader/GUI-FX and general Wii Help

Post by hyperdrive »

Thanks for your reply, pretty sure I can do that.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers
_\*/*\HyperDrive/*\*/_

Return to “General information”