Rumor Nintendo blocking out homebrew Channel users

commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Rumor Nintendo blocking out homebrew Channel users

Post by commando_lee »

The hacking community is abuzz tonight with talk of what may be Nintendo's latest step to squash piracy.

Word is, if you're trying to go online and play a game such as Mario Kart or The Conduit, there's a new Wii background check to see if you have the Homebrew Channel installed. This check goes on without gamers even knowing. If you're found to have the Homebrew Channel on your Wii, say goodbye to playing anything online.
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
stutterman
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Rumor Nintendo blocking out homebrew Channel users

Post by stutterman »

hi what about a mod chip like drivekey. thay do not need homebrew channel has any one heard if thay are blocking
these yet
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

stutterman wrote:hi what about a mod chip like drivekey. thay do not need homebrew channel has any one heard if thay are blocking
these yet

if you have a chip then you dont need the homebrew channel to play games. its used mainly as a soft mod
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
babbisha
Peasant
Peasant

Post by babbisha »

What is the best store to buy a Nintendo Wii at after Christmas? I am planning to get a Nintendo Wii right after Christmas, which store will give me a chance to get one,exp;Best Buy, Circut City,Walmart,etc..
Last edited by babbisha on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

hmmm. I was playing mario kart online last night. I have HBC installed, running 4.2 and had no problems. Maybe it just hasn't came around to me yet or something.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “General information”