The Never Ending Wii

rkd2398
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

The Never Ending Wii

Post by rkd2398 »

I guess that I might be late to this ballgame, but I have realized this evening that the Wii has to be constantly updated.

Take the 360, we get a new Firmware what every 8 to 12 months?

They are making changes to the Wii software everyday. I installed an USB loader and hard drive for a friend only to find out that the next week there was an update for that software.

Does anyone else think that doing an update for someone every week is worth it? I mean, they got their new game and want it backed up so that the Wii-Little-Ones don't destroy it, but in order to play that game you need a different CIOS. Or is this just Nintendo's way of making this complicated for us?

Sorry to rant, just thought that maybe someone could help shed some light.
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
stutterman
Bandit
Bandit

Re: The Never Ending Wii

Post by stutterman »

i personally use a wii drive key chip never had no problems hope this helps
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: The Never Ending Wii

Post by sadalius »

Everyone is different in what they want, but this is what I do. I turn off Wii Connect 24 and the standby thing. That way I never get asked if I want to update unless I check for one. I run a drivekey and have the update turned off there so I don't get asked to update from a disk. The only problem is if it requires an update, then it won't run the game. But then I can just go look for a Waninkoko installer for that update and install it. I ran on 3.2u for a really long time and just updated to 4.0 a couple of months ago. Then 4.1 was released and an installer was released for it to so I'm now running 4.1u with the latest CIOS and USB HDD for my games. Works like a charm!!
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “General information”