ps3 flashing red light

commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

ps3 flashing red light

Post by commando_lee »

IM no PS MAN

Here we go PS3 phat 60gb daughters console for some reason when turned on goes green then flash yellow once then red flashing for a min or so.

Ive put hair dryer on the back for about 20mins then left for 10 to cool down, still no joy. Is there any other way in fixing this or does it have to be opend up?

Cheers
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: ps3 flashing red light

Post by CoFree »

sorry man
i know crap about the ps3
got 2 and both are in a draw
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
matty85
Peasant
Peasant

Post by matty85 »

Yes you will have to open it up! i put them in the oven gas mark 5 for 6-7 min! rap in tin foil and cut a square where the 2 chip are! it saves melting any clips on the board! good luck i normally fix 9/10 this way
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

matty85 wrote:Yes you will have to open it up! i put them in the oven gas mark 5 for 6-7 min! rap in tin foil and cut a square where the 2 chip are! it saves melting any clips on the board! good luck i normally fix 9/10 this way

ahh nice one i will just buy new one lol
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

Check craigslist, there is sure to be someone who makes these repairs near you. Cheaper than a new one...
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

moonknight wrote:Check craigslist, there is sure to be someone who makes these repairs near you. Cheaper than a new one...

Yeah i would have done it my self with heatgun but its no 100% + time is what i dont have lol What i do need is a reball machine any way 2late i went and bought new one now.

Will open it up and play.

Return to “General information”