Things to Know about Jailbroken PS3

parminder
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Things to Know about Jailbroken PS3

Post by parminder »

(A) Current hacked firmware?
Currently the only hackable firmware's on PS3 would be 3.55 or lower, which allows Homebrew and backup applications.

(B) custom firmware to use?

Best custom firmware in my opinion without a use of any Dongle's would be Kmeaw 3.55 custom firmware with Gaia Manager 2.07 or Multiman ver 02.09.02 to play your backed up games. Note: Only games which require firmware 3.55 can be played. anything above would require a use of True blue dongle with a 2.62 firmware upgrade.

(C) True blue dongle?

This is a usb device developed by true blue team to play backups requiring 3.6x above. Recent firmware upgrade 2.62 makes possible to play games requiring a firmware upto 4.11. This of course would require Eboot fixes By the true blue team in order to play your backups and a custom true blue 3.55 firmware installed.

(D) How to switch between the Kmeaw 3.55 cfw to Trueblue 3.55cfw

Its simple really, have a original 3.55 firmware .PUP file in hand and install that over the Kmeaw 3.55 cfw. Once that's done you can install the true blue firmware the same way you installed the original 3.55 firmware.

(E) Any other hackable firmwares Known?

Currently only 3.55 or below Firmware is hackable. Anything above is not and can only be downgraded using special tools.

(F) How do i downgrade from 3.6x to 3.55?

Its not simple, you would require tools like progskeet or E3 flasher to do it. This would require opening the PS3 up and some soldering. This also depends on the ps3 you have. Some are not downgradable.

(G) Can I go online with my custom firmware?

No thats not advisable as you may get banned. The only way to do it, Buy two PS3's i guess.

Read more on this Here: http://robinhoodsplayground.com/forum/v ... 04&t=14296
flashed 16 benQ, 8 Sams25, 3 sam28, 2 hit 0059dj, 2 0047dh 3 0047dj, still stuck on 0078fk, failed 0047dj hardware

Return to “General information”