Patapon not loading?

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Patapon not loading?

Post by BobSeager »

Patapon seems to jam on the Now Loading screen...3.7 m33 (i think), either its that or 3.8 m33
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Patapon not loading?

Post by sadalius »

I've never played that game. Is this a game that you made a backup of or a download? If its a download, try a different source. Latest CFW is 3.90 m33-2 btw.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Yeah this was euro...havent seen the usa yet but psp's are region-free with the cfw after you go into service mode so I dunno...maybe I'll have to upgrade fw....thanks

(i try to avoid an upgrade unless new games arent working)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I'm trying to locate the game so I can try and see what happens. I'm running 3.90 m33-2 on my slim at the moment. If I can find it, I'll report my experience with it.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Thanks in advance!

Im hoping a US version will be waiting in the wings when I leave work :)
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

This game does the same thing to me. Only thing I can figure is a bad image, or maybe something with the CFW not working with this game or something. I'll have to dig around and see what I can find out.
Sadalius

sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

ok, got it figured out. Turn off your PSP, don't just put it in stand by, fully power it off by holding the power switch till it powers off. Enter your recovery menu by holding the R trigger and turning the power on. Arrow down to configuration and press X. Then arrow down to UMD Mode (currently: M33 driver -NO UMD-) and press X until is says UMD Mode (currently: Sony NP9660 -NO UMD-). Then arrow up to Back and press X. The arrow down to exit and press X. When you get to the XMB, try patapon again. Should work for you. If you notice any trouble with other games, just repeat this process and change it back to M33 driver -NO UMD- and you should be good.
Sadalius

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Dude, you're the man!
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Glad to help. Only took a couple of minutes to figure it out. If your not used to playing in the recovery settings, it would be hard to have figured it out. You can address that setting through the VSH menu to. While in the XMB, press the select button to bring up the VSH menu and you'll find the setting there too.
Sadalius

Return to “General information”