Yay more questions!!

Ricochet69
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Yay more questions!!

Post by Ricochet69 »

Ok im not sure if ive modded my console. I figured out how to get my battery to a pandora battery. i downloaded the firmware following this guide: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=1085" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then booted up my psp with the pandora's bat in. got a menu asking me several options i selected the option to "install 3.80 m33" so everything went ok and i pressed x to shutdown.

put back in my battery and wiped the card clean and put all my old game saves, and gta vice city.cso into the ISO folder and then rebooted my psp and when i select the game it shows the pic and all, but when i attempt to start it i get an error "the game could not be started. (80020321)". Why is this happening? have i done something wrong? Thanks
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Yay more questions!!

Post by sadalius »

You need to do one of two things. Either put a UMD game into the UMD drive or use the VSH menu to change the UMD option to M33 so you won't have to have a UMD in to play the ISO. I don't have my psp with me, but I think to access the VSH menu from the XMB press the home button from the XMB. The other way to change that option is to totally turn off your PSP and then press and hold the right trigger button and then turn on the PSP. That should get you into the m33 recovery menu to where you can change that option as well.

EDIT:

If the home button doesn't get you into the VSH menu from the XMB, try the select button. Some older versions are mapped to one button while the newer m33's are mapped to the other, I just can't remember which.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
Ricochet69
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Ricochet69 »

thanks for the reply, i have enabled the m33 driver enabled but it still isnt working. same error. It is modded id say cause there was an opton in there to swithch the game folder homebrew 3.80 kernal or 1.5. whats the difference between the two? i herd that you need two different versions of firmware for older/newer games?
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I've not messed with that option much, but what it's for is specifically dealing with homebrew applications. Some homebrew was written for the versions of firmware based off the 1.5 kernel and newer homebrew is based off the 3.x kernel, neither are compatible with the other. So sometimes changing that setting with a problematic homebrew can help but not always.

The problem may be with your cso then. Try the iso version of the game and see if that helps any.
Sadalius

pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

i'm not sure about this ... but did ya try to reset the flash 1 ?

before powering on the psps hold the Right schoulder button then go to advanced and something you should find a thingy with flash 1 ...

maybe sadalius can give you the exact steps .

make sure you also try the sony driver instead of the M33 driver from the VHS menu.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Usually, flash1 problems are where you have trouble getting the psp to boot after installing m33. But its worth a look if after you try the iso version and it doesn't work. In the recover menu, there is an option to format flash1, thats the option to choose if the problem persists.

The game that your playing should work fine with the m33 drive. Patapon is the only game I've had to use the sony driver with. But thats an option to try as well if nothing else works.
Sadalius

Ricochet69
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Ricochet69 »

Thanks guys the flash1 worked very well. is that what i installed when i hacked the psp? a m33 driver? What other stuff can i do with my psp now? what kinda risks are there if i get told to update etc, can you brick your psp by updating?
lilrevuk
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by lilrevuk »

You can update M33 from the network (if you have a wireless connection) with 3.90 and above...

I think you can brick it if you don't do updates in the right order, and miss one out. I'm not sure bout that, sad will know more bout that
And if at first you don't succeed..? Order the damn card! :Phttp://tekgems.com/Products/la-pci22-vt6421a.htm
Mirc is a place to chat, post up on the site for help!!!
pluto_00
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by pluto_00 »

Ricochet69 wrote:Thanks guys the flash1 worked very well. is that what i installed when i hacked the psp? a m33 driver? What other stuff can i do with my psp now? what kinda risks are there if i get told to update etc, can you brick your psp by updating?
glad it worked ! :mrgreen:

Return to “General information”