CompTia A+ certification

xxrepoxx
Peasant
Peasant

CompTia A+ certification

Post by xxrepoxx »

Hey guys I was just wondering if any of you had any advice on the A+ certification exam, have any of you taken it and if you have, how much did you study before taking it, was it tough, and what kind of questions were you asked. I have done some research on my own and have also asked teachers on what to expect but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Most of what I have heard is that it can be a hard test to take, that most people fail it the first time they take it and that a lot of study is strongly encouraged. I have also heard that they are going to change the current test and that you will have till the end of this spring to take the current one if you choose not to take the newer one. My last question is for those who have taken the test, did you study on your own, as in, did you buy books and find info on the internet or did you take any courses or attend any classes, I would like to know which way is recommended most, self study or should I enroll in some type of courses.
Right now I just started studying a book called " ALL IN ONE CompTIA A+ Certification exam guide sixth edition" by mike meyers. I got this book on amazon because it got the best reviews by people who claimed they took the test and passed it by reading it. Thanks for any help in advance.

P.S. If any of you took the exam and passed it by studying on your own, could you please let me know what material, books, and websites you used to pass the exam or could you provide any info on good material to look over before taking the test. Thanks again in advance.
Hackedit
Bandit
Bandit

Re: CompTia A+ certification

Post by Hackedit »

The test itself generally is not to difficult, almost basic computer knowledge. Where the difficulty comes in is the memorization of all the old technologies like as in 486 and so forth as well as it is a must you know all the IRQ channel numberings as well.

"It's really not fair for conscious beings to be aware of their own mortality."

Return to “General information”