Make your PC boot alot faster (and RUN alot faster too)

Denny8569
Peasant
Peasant

Make your PC boot alot faster (and RUN alot faster too)

Post by Denny8569 »

I have fixed ALOT of computers for friends etc. over the last few years, and it almost always seems to be the same scenario: Their computer is so bogged down with programs loading at startup and running in the system tray (the little section on the bottom-right of the screen) that it can barely BREATH, let alone run well.

The reason why this chokes most computers so badly is becuase it eats up the Memory, along with taxing the heck out of the CPU. I can't even beleive how many programs most computers have running in the system tray at any given time.

The way to fix this (and help your PC out ALOt in most cases) is to go into msconfig (configuration utility) and block most of these programs from even starting up upon booting. To get to msconfig click on start, then "run", and then type in "msconfig" and hit enter.

Once you are in msconfig click "startup" or "selective startup", and then uncheck the boxes next to any program that you don't want to load at startup, and then click "ok", then restart the PC. Yup, this is the big secret to making just about any "slow" or troubled PC perform a heck of alot better.

NOTE: you can usually uncheck just about EVERYTHING that loads at startup (in msconfig) without any problems. Just play around with it a bit if you have to.
you can not spam in your sig
it will get you banned
you can edit your sig now
Cofree
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: Make your PC boot alot faster (and RUN alot faster too)

Post by commando_lee »

Hey thats a good bit off info there. But guys remember be carefull when playing in msconfig things can happen in there
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
louisM92
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by louisM92 »

thanks for that buddy, i have been on that before but couldnt remember how to get back onto it, ive unchecked all the programs ive installed myself not the ones which i dont have a clue about just incase i mess something up :D
Need your drive flashed? PM me to sort something out ;)
OR email me at louismoylan@live.co.uk
Flashing in the UK
Also do drive replacements :)
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Ive done quite a bit of PC fixing, and this always seems to be the problem. Most times the people dont even know what half the programs running are... IE they download something for use, and dont pay attention while installing, and agree to install partner software, like virus scanners etc...

Most times I just uninstall lots of things, run a registry repair, a malware scan and that usually fixes it.

Also keep your processor speed in mind, if its a single core its going to be slow... nothing you can do, Ive seen a bunch of people with a slow processor, but maxed out ram.

Return to “General information”