help virus

shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

help virus

Post by shaky »

my second computer as a virus i cant get on the net i get a message saying there is a pron with website security etc , it as took out all my usbs and i cant write my pics to cd all i am worried about is my pics of my father when i try to write them to cd i get the message i have files to be wrote to cd but when i try to write them it wont i get an error window eccountered a problem when trying to copy this folder please help
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: help virus

Post by CoFree »

man relax
it will be ok

take the HD out of what ever pc you have that has the virus and mount it in a different pc
if its a sata Hd you can hot plug it in
if its ide you will have to start with the pc powered down
they make HD tool to help with this look Here
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

thanks mate for your reply i have tried it in my other computer but it wont boot up for some reason it starts up i get the windows logo then it reboots over and over , its a sata hhd
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

shaky wrote: i have tried it in my other computer but it wont boot up for some reason it starts up i get the windows logo then it reboots over and over
you are not trying to boot onto the bad HD right ???
if its a sata HD that has the bug in it
then boot up a different pc
then after its up and running, plug the power in the sata HD then plug the sata cable in the HD that has the bug and it should mount
dont try to boot the HD that has the bugs in it.you will not be able to do that
No Questions by PM.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

got it up and running now but when i try to go into owner to find the photos it says error acess denied i have looked everywhere and cant find them
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well man
im not sure
if it did mount to the pc you just need to look around on the drive
i guess you are saying "owner' is the user name that the pictures are under
No Questions by PM.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

hi mate i need your help please i got my photos off now thanks and i have wiped the hard drive but the problem i am getting now is i vcan seem to find the drivers for the ethernet controller the mother board is a asrock g31m-s any ideas please
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Post by commando_lee »

Sorry to jump in.... If your using windows 7 then you will need to ad admin permissions to the folder you are trying to open!! Just right click then props then you should see an option to share or access privs just select all the allow boxes and it then should allow you into the folder to back up what you want....

Also find out exactly what drivers you need then look on the manufactors site off the mobo if they are on board
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?model=g31m-s

Pick your Os version then download the lan driver.

Glad you got it all sorted, 2 things you may want to note in the future is win 7 has more security on it, and if your on windows 7 trying to access files on another HDD with windows 7 you can run into some protection, and right issues. It usually only happens for system files, but i've had it happen with some files where the security and sharing settings were a bit messed up.

It's good to have a linux distro laying around for things like this, if you booted into linux, you would have no issues removing the virus and safely backing up your photo's.

The other thing is if you run into problems plugging in your sata HDD while the computer is already turned on (hotswap) you need to make sure the sata port you are trying to use is set to AHCI and not legacy, legacy is used for mainly optical drives, and sometimes HDD, AHCI and Legacy make no real difference for a HDD.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

thanks for the replies guys i got that one sorted now having problem with the video controller drivers and realtek high def audio drivers
and i have windows xp guys

Return to “General information”