windows wont install

shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

windows wont install

Post by shaky »

i have just brought a laptop off a friend [ samsung n145 plus windows 7 ] because there was an error on the screen it would not boot up so i tried to reinstall windows but it would not , i got an error saying something like bootmgr is missing , so i decided to wipe the drive with dariks boot and nuke , that finished with no errors and now when i try to install windows it starts but then i get error windows connot install on this partition
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: windows wont install

Post by shaky »

i have tried putting a pare 60gb hard drive i had in and installing windows on that and it installed no probs
warship
Bandit
Bandit

Post by warship »

If the computer has a sata hard drive you will need the sata driver before you can load windows back on the system that is if it's xp,if i'ts windows 7 drivers will auto load.
Regards

Warship.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

thanks for you reply budy , it is windows 7 but it wont install
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

From the windows install, can you get to the part where you choose which partition to install to? If so, delete all partitions, then make a new partition using maximum space, then format.

After that, try to continue with install.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

You could have used the windows disk to repair the bootmgr and then not need to format.

However what moonknight said should work. You need to make a new partition to install windows to. In my experience for whatever reason laptop's are a pain to uninstall/reinstall OS's

Return to “General information”