laptop screen will / wont come on

shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

laptop screen will / wont come on

Post by shaky »

i recently brought a second hand laptop for my daughter it is a logic m765s the trouble is now the screen wont come on , well it will only if i hold the lid nearly shut if i hold it open about an inch before it is fully shut it comes on what can cause this
warship
Bandit
Bandit

Re: laptop screen will / wont come on

Post by warship »

You could try these,they have worked for me in the past.

If you can't see the picture in your monitor, adjust the display brightness on the settings. It can be found on the control panel or you can read your laptop's manual to check the F keys that correspond to your monitor display.

Try plugging in your laptop into an external monitor to check if the problem is hardware related or not. If you can see the picture on the external monitor, then you need to have your monitor checked by a professional.

There are some instances that the problem is caused by the software that you have running in your laptop. So, restart your computer to be sure that it is not a hardware problem.

Try to jiggle the power button. If your monitor is flickering, then the problem is with the switch. This may happen often, since it is located near the hinge.

The simplest trick is to turn off your laptop then remove the battery. Let it rest for a few minutes. Then put the battery back on and restart your computer. This is the most common solution to your laptop monitor problems.
Regards

Warship.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

hi mate thanks for your help i dont think it is the screen , i could be wrong but i have got it on now almost verticle but i only have to touch it to push it back just an hairs thickness and it goes off so i dont think it is a wire prob the amount i have to move it for it to go off it wouldnt be a wire short
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

update i have pluged it into a monitor and it comes on ok , so what does that mean it is the screen that as gone
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

It could be a switch issue, there is one that turns screen on/off when you close the lid, or it could be a cable to your backlight inverter. Here is the description of the problem and a possible solution written for a hp dv2000:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavi ... issue.html
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

i cant see a switch all i can see is the wires from the back light go down to a little curcuit board at the bottom of the screen and there is another conecter from that to the main board i have tried taking that little board out while the wires are conected to it and tilting it but nothing happens , i cant believe the amount i have to touch it if i get it just at the point where it stays on i onle have to touch it to push it open more just a fraction and it goes off
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

Switch is not necessarily visible, can be built into the hinge assembly. It isn't visible on the dv2000. I think most laptops have this switch in one form or another as part of the battery saving feature.

Return to “General information”