GUI-FX RC8

Programs for the Wii
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

GUI-FX RC8

Post by sadalius »

Here is GUI-FX RC8

This contains the installer and channel forwarder and everything.

Delete coperti folder, delete gui-fx from HBC, wipe clean everything related to gui-fx and install

the ! legal ! GUI-FX - Forwarder / Installer channel: GUI-FX-forwarder-installer.rar 1.43 MB http://ul.to/5rxsmo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If no gui-fx is found on HDD or SD card, it will ask you if you want to install it (internet connection necessary).
It will create the right and complete folder structure (new in RC8) and will download GUI-FX into the right place. (on usb or SD card).

If you still want to start if from HBC, then use this version please: GUI-FX_1.0-RC8.rar 485.50 KB http://ul.to/jg1j0a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Usage:

on covers screen:
Home to get to home menu (to exit loader or enter config screen)
+/- to change pages
A to start game
B (or 1 for wii guitar) to enter game info screen

on game info screen:
A to start game
2 to redownload cover / refresh it from internet
Home to get to home menu (to exit loader or enter config screen) - this way you can select game to be disallowed starting on config screen

on home menu:
Wii menu - reboot console
Loader - exit to Homebrew Channel - only if started that way or it will code dump
Configure - pointing to it, press A+B, the wiimote will vibrate, press 1+2 and the config screen will show up.

Config screen:
cover type: classic or 3D
aspect ratio: 4:3 or 16:9
font color: green, yellow, blue, red, black
blocked games: allow, temporary and deny - it will allow, temporary allow (current session only) or deny access to games selected to be blocked.
config access: allow, deny - allow makes A button acces the config screen, deny - you will have to push A+B then 1+2 to access config screen.

if you enter config screen from info screen, you will get an extra button:
current game: allow, deny - meaning that current game is allow to play at all times, deny - will be denied access when "blocked games" is set on deny.

Missing covers: will download all covers missing
Force all: will force download covers for all games
Update GUI-FX: will update GUI-FX online

GUI-FX-forwarder-installer.rar
Corrected version as a dol. If you used the above attached file to install as a channel prior to 05-14-09, just delete the dol file for GUI-FX where ever you have it installed and run the channel and let it re-download and install the new version. Otherwise, you can use this dol in it's place.
GUI-FX_1.0-RC8.rar
Thanks goes to: KAESAR who made this great loader!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: GUI-FX RC8

Post by sadalius »

If your going to use an external HDD to store your covers, you will need to partition your hard drive that your planning on using. There is a particular way you need to setup your partitions. Here is how mine is setup.

I'm using a 160GB USB HDD. I first created a 2GB partition and formatted it in FAT. This way this is the primary partition. Then I set it to active. Then I created a second partition using the remaining space. Formatted it with NTFS.

Then I ran WBFS File Manager and formatted the NTFS partition again with WBFS File manager. This formats that partition in WBFS (wii backup file system) to where you can use that partition to put your games on and load then with GUI-FX. The covers will be loaded from the FAT partiton. If you install GUI-FX from the channel forwarder, it too will run from the HDD.

I'll do a tutorial on this a little later.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “WII Programs”