Bioshock being adapted into movie by 'Pirates' director

Have a read and let us know what you think.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

Last year's most-critically acclaimed game Bioshock is being adapted for the the big screen by Pirates of the Caribbean director Gore Verbinski and Universal Pictures.

While few details have been revealed about the tone or the scope of the movie, with Verbinski's track record, expect a blockbuster treatment.

"BioShock fans appreciate the depth and complexity of the game, and our partnership with Gore Verbinski will introduce the world of Rapture to an even wider audience," says2K Games president Christoph Hartmann. " In addition to his impressive body of work, Gore is an avid video gamer and true fan of BioShock. That was extremely important to us in deciding to move forward with this project."

Verbinski is slated to direct and produce the film, while John Logan, writer of Gladiator, The Aviator and Sweeney Todd is in discussion to adapt the screenplay.

"We are excited that 2K Games’ vision for BioShock will be carried forward in a new medium," said Take-Two Chairman Strauss Zelnick in a press release. "BioShock has been hailed as one of the most highly cinematic and richly plotted titles in interactive entertainment, making it extremely well-suited to film. In partnering with Universal and Gore Verbinski, we have assembled a team that respects the uniqueness of BioShock and will translate it into a powerful movie experience."

Maybe we will finally get a decent movie adaptation of a video game franchise?
post your comments!
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
rambof07
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Bioshock being adapted into movie by 'Pirates' director

Post by rambof07 »

Its looking interesting movie but i have never seen it before. Ya i have remeber once i have seen its trailer and it was really entertaining. I like to watch movies and specially i like action movies. I have recently watched fast five and it was one of best action movie which i liked and like to watch more movies like it.

Return to “Front Page News”