r4 card

shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

r4 card

Post by shaky »

i have been lokking into getting an r4 card for my sons dsi , but i have no idea what to get and how to go about doing it , i have been looking around and found these but not sure what i need
http://www.m3izero.co.uk/_p635.html?cPath=952_956
http://www.m3izero.co.uk/_p636.html?cPath=952_956
can anyone give me a few pointers please and point me in the right direction
many thanks
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: r4 card

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

People will have there own opinion on the best cart but I just picked up a few of these... http://www.realhotstuff.hk/R4i-SDHC-v143_p_22.html . They work well and cost little. Simple to use. Download the firmware from there site (official site is on the package). Unzip it and put it on the root of your micro sd card. Create a new folder and name it games. Place your roms inside the game folder and you are good to go. Easy peasy. My kids love them. Not sure where you are but it took roughly 10 days to receive the package from HK. The place I linked to sells genuine carts of all major brands.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

fantastic mate does that come with everything i need , the adapter and the micro ds card
i am in the uk mate near birmingham
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

It does not come with a micro sd card it does come with adapter. I mean for 8 bucks you have plenty of extra for that though Lol. Forgot to add the shipping time for me was to the US. Im not sure how long it would take to the UK buddy.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

thanks mate where do you get your micro sd cards from then and how much
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

also i forgot to ask do you use a 2gb card or a 4gb
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

shaky wrote:also i forgot to ask do you use a 2gb card or a 4gb
This cart supports up to 32gb. I went with the 8gb. With this flashcart (as well as most others) you can also play music and movie. This size micro sd gives you the option to do so and have plenty room. I get the micro sd from ebay. I use these guys... http://www.ebay.com/itm/320814036110?redirect=mobile. Check the UK ebay as you may be able to get them cheaper there. Either way that size sd can fit 100 ds roms easy.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

hi mate any chance you can send me a link to the software for the ds cus i am not sure which one to download
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

shaky wrote:hi mate any chance you can send me a link to the software for the ds cus i am not sure which one to download
What cart did you buy ? If you bought the one I spoke of above......... Go Here. Im not sure if posting of that kind of material is allowed here so visit there website and use the one circled in the picture (if you prefer a different language select the language you want to use from the same box)....

Your sd card should look like this.... Image . Games go inside the game folder. I removed the moonmemo folder that was in side the rar file as I seen no use for it. Keep the r4i folder intact (dont remove anything from it), the whole folder and the R4.dat file needs to be placed on the root of the sd card. These two are what will make the cart function. The moonshl2 folder is for playing videos and music. If you are not interested at this point in using the music and video function , the moonshl2 folder can be left off the sd card.

***NOTE***
I created the game folder. It will not be inside the rar file you download.
shaky
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by shaky »

yes mate i ordered the same as you have ,

Post edited/change Commando_lee
yamackbuddy4

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

shaky wrote:yes mate i ordered the same as you have , one more question mate where do you get your games from i am seeing a lot of 3ds games can i use them on these cards
No way to use 3ds games on any cart at the moment . Flashcarts can be used on 3ds but only to play ds or dsi roms.

Return to “General information”