Where to buy

BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Where to buy

Post by BobSeager »

It's been so long I can't really remember my trusted buy list that I used to get chips/cards/etc. from. I need to get a new DS card, anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking of going through Canada (consolesource likely) because I know USA retailers got hit and I don't know if I trust ordering from them (see Modchipman).
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Where to buy

Post by CoFree »

well console has pissed some of us off.
if a item is on back order or out of stock they will not tell you and let you order any way.
then it will take for ever for your item to come in.
the last few thing i have ordered i got from here.
so far im happy with them.
http://www.gamersection.ca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Thanks! Man there are a TON of cards available now. Is there any reason not to go with the low-end ones? http://www.realhotstuff.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has the itouchds (makers of m3) for $25...that seems tough to pass up. I gotta think they're all made the same way and theyll either work or not work out of the box.

The only thing I'm not seeing clearly defined is which cards will support wifi play between two peeps using them. This is critical. But that's gotta be a firmware issue and you could use any firmware on any card I would think...?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

BobSeager wrote:a TON of cards available now. Is there any reason not to go with the low-end ones
well you could be right.
i have never used that kind.
i have a Cyclo Evolution and a R4 ds card.
They both work great.

if you get it ,post back how it does. ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

When it comes to slot1 DS carts, I think the major difference is in the software. Currently the absolute best one you can get is the Cylops DS Evolution. It has the top hardware and software that just can't be beat. Coming in a close second is the R4. Everything else works really well, and truth be told, you probably wouldn't tell the difference in the others and the R4 or Evolution unless you really know what to look for. So, which one to get? The honest answer is how much do you really want to spend?
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

I have an m3 simply, and its been great. I just ordered an itouch for $25 and an r4 for $32. The r4 is just so popular I had to try one, I'll probably just keep my m3 simply and give the other two away. It looks as tho the m3 real firmware has been modded for use on the itouch, so I may check that out.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Well that's promising--> I already got a tracking number w/estimated 2 days delivery. Not bad for $7 ;)
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

Got my cards from realhotstuff.com (USA). Very fast same-day shipping. Ordered the 11th at ~9:30AM, had updates relay that item had been processed and shipped within 5 hours of order placement, and product in hand on the 13th at noon. Cards came in perfect sized box for contents, pristine condition.

The R4DS is about what I expected, the same as the m3 simply card but without a spring-loaded eject for the microsd. That's both good and bad. Good because there's nothing to break, bad because it's a little harder to extract.

The iTouchds is definetly a cheaper build, but works as simply and flawlessly as the other two higher-end cards. The spring-loader isn't as sensitive as I'd like it to be, but as long as it lasts, I won't complain. The default interface has some neat options such as the ability to set folders for favorites,etc. on the front page. I believe moonshell can be ported to it as well.

In the future, I would buy the iTouchds card again, for $25 +free shipping I can't justify anything else.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I figured you would like them. I think moonshell can be ported over to any cart. Although I don't know whats involved with doing so.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please

Return to “General information”