R4DS Revolution VS The Rest

SMOKE14ME61
Peasant
Peasant

R4DS Revolution VS The Rest

Post by SMOKE14ME61 »

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I recently modded my Wii with success and my cousin (who turned me on to this site) showed me the R4DS he got for his son. Well i would like to get one for my DS. He has had great success with his R4 but i would like to get one of the cards that support 8 gig cards. I was leaning towards getting the AceKard 2.1 (GBATemp.net gave this one a gold award) but i have seen alot of posts about the Cyclos.
can anyone give me some insight on which is the best. I'm looking on ModChip Central. I also see a DSTT, TopToyDS and an EdgeCard and M3. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: R4DS Revolution VS The Rest

Post by CoFree »

well
i have many of these from here
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info ... cts_id=724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and they are great
i dont know if they will go as big as 8gb never looked into it.
i put 4gb cards in and they work good.
i have a r4ds also it does good
but
i dont know how big it will go
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
SMOKE14ME61
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SMOKE14ME61 »

Thanks for the response. According to Modchip Central the R4 goes up to 4 gig. Atleast thats what the combos go up to. All the others go up to 8 gig. Maybe they just offer a combo on the R4 up to 4 gig
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

no i think that is it
i did some reading
i think that is as big as the r4 will go but the other go bigger
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by BobSeager »

I think there are a few varients of the r4 but the one I got supports up to 2gb only. It states no 'SDHC' (secure digital high capacity) which is generally anything above 2. But, keep in mind 2gb is about 40 games...if you want the r4 realhotstuff.com has it for $22 with a 2gb card included which is a rediculously good deal to me.

Cofree is right tho I believe the manual states 4gb but no SDHC and as far as I know, SDHC is just a generic term for anything bigger than 2gb.

I think mine is generation 1 and I think theres newer versions of the r4 but in my experience it's paid to get the cheapest flash card available ;)
SMOKE14ME61
Peasant
Peasant

Post by SMOKE14ME61 »

Great. Thanks for the help!

Return to “General information”