New DSi update brings flash cart device blockery

strykr535
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Post by strykr535 »

By:Dale North
We keep going back and forth on the whole DSi flash cart issue, mostly because Nintendo is working to keep these R4-ish devices out of the cartridge slot of your system. You see, they like it when you buy their games.

The DSi 1.4J firmware was supposed to bring Facebook functionality to the handheld, but it also brought the digital smackdown for your piracy devices. The following have been blocked by the update:

* DSTTi
* Hyper R4i
* ak2i
* R4 Ui
* R4i Gold
* EZVi

It appears that if you try to run any of these carts, you're asked to turn the system off and put in some legit software.

Sure, some of these flash cart makers are going to figure out a way to work around the block. But then Nintendo is going to release another firmware update. I think this is Nintendo getting aggressive, and I could see them ramping up efforts if it gets any worse.

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: New DSi update brings flash cart device blockery

Post by CoFree »

damn
man this is another great post :D
im going to copy it to the ds thread.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Shootsteel
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Shootsteel »

Thanks for the update on this!!! :D
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I figured it would turn into cat and mouse with the Big N when they put firmware updates for the DSi by internet.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CodyTheGreat7
Peasant
Peasant

Post by CodyTheGreat7 »

For the Acekard 2i there is a fix for if you update the firmware to 1.4. You download an update file and put it on the micro sd. Then you have to run the file on a DSi that hasn't been updated or use a DS Lite. It updates the software and in just a few short seconds your acekard 2i now appears as "Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle", when you run it it boots perfectly fine and i run moonshell on it too. So now I have the latest Nintendo firmware and the ability to upload pictures I take on my DSi straight to facebook. The day I got my DSi I updated the firmware and my acekard came 2 days later.... I was devastated for about 12 hours then I found the fix :P

Return to “General information”