Modded both of my kids ds w/ cyclods evolution

Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Modded both of my kids ds w/ cyclods evolution

Post by Jman 31 »

I did movies, music and games last night! Works awesome. I can't believe I how good it works! I put 4 gig microsd cards so they can have a ton of stuff on there. The movies shrink to about 200 megs so I can fit several of them on it too. Awesome shit!
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Modded both of my kids ds w/ cyclods evolution

Post by CoFree »

yea i love mine.
the R4 and the cyclo are esy as can be.
now if i could just find a ds for the wife.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

alright guys, I bought two cyclods evolutions from gamersection.ca and just recieved them yesterday. I used the 1.3 beta flash on both of them and the first one worked perfectly. The second one I did the same way and it shows on the screen that it is flashed with 1.3, but it will not read either of my microsd cards. I know that both microsd cards are good because they both work on the other cyclods cartridge. Thanks for any input.

By the way I tried to reflash it with 1.3 update.evo, and 1.22 update.evo. neither will will reflash it even when I do the down+B thing.

Jman
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

ok, so you got one that works and one that don't, right? The one that don't will at least boot to the menu, but won't read any memory cards? You may end up having to send the one that don't work back for an exchange because there isn't much to work with as far as fixing these things yourself. The only thing that I can suggest is taking the card out and checking the contacts on the card itself. I'm not sure if you can see the contacts in the memory card slot or not, but thats worth a look too.

I don't know if it will let you flash the same or older version, I've never tried that part, I've always just went up in firmware versions and I've never had to press down+B to do it, not sure what that part does, I'll have to read up on that...
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

sadalius wrote:ok, so you got one that works and one that don't, right? The one that don't will at least boot to the menu, but won't read any memory cards? You may end up having to send the one that don't work back for an exchange because there isn't much to work with as far as fixing these things yourself. The only thing that I can suggest is taking the card out and checking the contacts on the card itself. I'm not sure if you can see the contacts in the memory card slot or not, but thats worth a look too.

I don't know if it will let you flash the same or older version, I've never tried that part, I've always just went up in firmware versions and I've never had to press down+B to do it, not sure what that part does, I'll have to read up on that...
Yeah from everything I've read or been told I will have to get a new evo. I dont know what to look for with the whole contact thing. What trips me out is that it had to read at least once because I got the latest 1.3b fw uploaded to it.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Does your evo's have a small protrusion where the sticker is on the cartridge or is it completely flat on both sides? If it has the protrusion you might have a look at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaHN_ABOD38

Just don't peel the sticker off unless it actually works.
Sadalius

Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

My DS actually gets the screen that he's trying to get. I don't get the error until after it goes to the evo dash. I'll try it without taking it apart like showed though and see if it helps.

Thanks man
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, I figure its something to do with the card reader part thats mess up, but you never know. I just felt bad not having any information to give you :oops: It is worth a shot though. Just don't take the sticker off, that way if you have to send it back, you can.
Sadalius

Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

Yeah, I tried it with the paper. No dice! I'm hoping they will take it back. I've got an email in to them right now. Thanks for the try anyways.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Dang man... have you got a different microsd card, a smaller one that you could try with it?
Sadalius

Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

No, I've got two identical microsd cards. Both work perfectly in the evo that works and both don't work in the evo that doesn't work. So I don't think its the cards.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Yeah, I'd say your right. I was thinking maybe you got one of the V1s and one of the v2's but thats probably not the case.
Sadalius

CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

he is trying a 4 gb card.
i could let him try my 1 gb card.
what was the max size of the v1 cards.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I was thinking that it was supposed to be 8GB when using SDHC labeled cards. I think 4 GB is the limit on standard microsd's though. But if they are the same style card, and the 4 gigers work on one card, but not the other, then I wouldnt' think that would be the problem. Although it won't hurt anything to try it I dont' suppose.
Sadalius

Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

Looks like they are sending me a new one. I know my youngest son can't wait since I let the cat out of the bag before I had them both working right. His big brother has been playing his for a couple of weeks now and he's been screwed! :cry: :cry: I will have a lot of respect for this company if they do send me a new one. I guess I'll believe it when I have it in my hand.
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND

Return to “General information”