iprep Liteon from ixtreme 1.6 to ixtreme 1.61

Post Iprep 101 things here.
stOrm383
Peasant
Peasant

iprep Liteon from ixtreme 1.6 to ixtreme 1.61

Post by stOrm383 »

Hi all, I would like to start this post by saying a big Thank You to Cofree for creating his video tutorials for iPrep’ing the Liteon drives.. I followed the Video tutorial without any probs.. Successfully flashed my first Liteon... :D I used ixtreme v1.6 but have noticed today that version 1.61 is now available, I never use my 360 online so I’m thinking on updating to 1.61.. I’m not lazy and it’s not the case that I can’t be bothered to search for info I just can’t seem to find a noobie guide on how to re-update/re-flash from ixtreme 1.6 to ixtreme 1.61 using iprep 10.7?? Any info/ guidance on this procedure would be greatly appreciated...
Cheers..
stOrm383. ;)
stOrm383
Peasant
Peasant

Re: iprep Liteon from ixtreme 1.6 to ixtreme 1.61

Post by stOrm383 »

stOrm383 wrote:Hi all, I would like to start this post by saying a big Thank You to Cofree for creating his video tutorials for iPrep’ing the Liteon drives.. I followed the Video tutorial without any probs.. Successfully flashed my first Liteon... :D I used ixtreme v1.6 but have noticed today that version 1.61 is now available, I never use my 360 online so I’m thinking on updating to 1.61.. I’m not lazy and it’s not the case that I can’t be bothered to search for info I just can’t seem to find a noobie guide on how to re-update/re-flash from ixtreme 1.6 to ixtreme 1.61 using iprep 10.7?? Any info/ guidance on this procedure would be greatly appreciated...
Cheers..
stOrm383. ;)
Hi.. I think I have found the solution.. could someone please confirm that .. if I use jungleflasher,select Firmware Tool 32> open my Orignal (stock) Key into the Open Source Firmware area,then Load the ixtreme 1.61 cfw into the Open Target Firmware and then select Spoof Source to Target,then save the spoofed .bin ..?? Am I correct in thinking that I can now iprep this .bin as normal..??

Cheers..
stOrm383 ;)
pink
Bandit
Bandit

Post by pink »

yes you can, i just did this today with 10.7
stOrm383
Peasant
Peasant

Post by stOrm383 »

pink wrote:yes you can, i just did this today with 10.7
Thanks for the reply pink :D Sorry to seem dumb :oops: ..!! But whats the procedure after I have created the customFW, iprep will not accept the just created .bin as a Valid firmware? It does accept the orignal ixtreme 1.61 FW, But when I spoof my orignal key and then try to add it into iprep it flaggs up an error message stating Patched firmware cannot be added??

Again thanks for the orignal reply ;)

stOrm383 :D
stOrm383
Peasant
Peasant

Post by stOrm383 »

Hi all... I finally bit the bullet and tried re-flashing my Liteon74 drive(from 1.6 to 1.61).. I created a bootable USB using iprep and selecting the new ixtreme fw v1.61 I flashed the drive as if it had not been flashed before(not sure if this ok to do)?.. the process appears to run fine using the ck3 Pro+probe.. but when I return the drive back into the 360 it appears that the orignal ixtreme v1.6 is still present..?? I have tried the whole process three times..but I still need to use the Activate Disk to boot games...!! Any info would be appreciated.. :oops:

Thanks..
stOrm383
Peasant
Peasant

Post by stOrm383 »

stOrm383 wrote:Hi all... I finally bit the bullet and tried re-flashing my Liteon74 drive(from 1.6 to 1.61).. I created a bootable USB using iprep and selecting the new ixtreme fw v1.61 I flashed the drive as if it had not been flashed before(not sure if this ok to do)?.. the process appears to run fine using the ck3 Pro+probe.. but when I return the drive back into the 360 it appears that the orignal ixtreme v1.6 is still present..?? I have tried the whole process three times..but I still need to use the Activate Disk to boot games...!! Any info would be appreciated.. :oops:

Thanks..
For info purpose ... I have found out that the Roms I use have been wave patched.. this is the reason I still need to use the Activate Disk.?? I have just tried a wave unpatched game and it works fine... so to help out other noobs All I did to update my Liteon74 drive from ixtreme 1.6 to 1.61 was to follow the iprep 10.7 Liteon Video Tutorial, I treated the drive as if It hadn't been flashed before.. Basic and simple.. I was barking up the wrong tree..over complicating the update procedure just wished someone out of the 150+views to this post would have pointed me in the right direction :oops: .. Anyhow hope this Helps other Noobs

Return to “IPreP”