Iprep error erasing Firmware, now i can´t flash

Post Iprep 101 things here.
korink
Peasant
Peasant

Iprep error erasing Firmware, now i can´t flash

Post by korink »

Hi mates,

Firt of All, i like to thank all you guys for spend some time reading my problem, so let me try explain what happened with my Xbox 360.

I got a benq, so i got a Iprep to flash my xbox to 1.61, no problem until now, i got via sata card, iprep found my xbox, read the banks, so when this ereasing the bank 3, my home run out of eletricity for a seconds, and them of couse my xbox turn off in the middle of process of ereasing!!! I was tryied to reflesh using the same way, booting by USB like normal, and then when i ask to read, the process begun, but when the Iprep try to erease, it got some error of check sun ffffffffffffoooooooooo and abort operation, i was tryed just write without read anything, but got the same error. Looking for some other way, i try use Jungle Flash (i´m a noob in flashing) so, when i use JF, my PC frozen.

My xbox still bliking a red light in the right corner... :shock:

Forget to say, i was tryied update to Benq LT

Some one have any ideia to help me?

Thanks in advance for all!

Alessandro (korink)
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Iprep error erasing Firmware, now i can´t flash

Post by who_be_dat »

I've heard iprep has problems with the new FW, you can try dosflash just get you drive in vendor mode or mode b and open dosflash it should pic up you drive and pick what FW you want and click write. You may need the latest JF to flash LT.
korink
Peasant
Peasant

Post by korink »

I tryied with JF, but my PC froozen, maybe i done something wrong (noob in flashing world) i have any other thing to do for user this JF? I mean, i supose to download, install and then try reach my xbox driver?

Please tell me about this dosflash? How can i use it to get vendor mode? or Mode B?

Thanks again!!

korink
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

when does your pc freeze when using jf? use jf to put drive into vendor mode and write flash with Dosflash32. Downlaod JF 1.70 and intalled to pc try to flash drive with JF again, have drive connected to pc before turning pc on. JF has a torturial with it that explains the process of flashin all drives. Go here http://www.ixtreme.net/xbox-360-tutoria ... me-t5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and download JF pdf 1.70.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Put your 1.61 (if its already been created) or your original fw or anything with your drive's key on your usb drive in the folder x:\BACKUPS\xxxxxxx\xxxxx\ make sure its named benq-ofw.bin, then launch iprep, and restore your drive.

At the end of the day if you cant get it to flash, you keep getting errors like unknown flash chip, etc you can just go on ebay and buy a new benq pcb, and plug it into your existing drive, and your drive will be as good as new, you'll just need to flash firmware with your xbox's key to it.
korink
Peasant
Peasant

Post by korink »

I found my driver in JF 1.72 in vendor mode when i turn on my xbox, but my PC frozen a few seconds later!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

korink wrote:I found my driver in JF 1.72 in vendor mode when i turn on my xbox, but my PC frozen a few seconds later!!
Try removing your via driver. You can also try rebooting your computer, with your drive connected, but powered off. Then power it on while windows is loading.
korink
Peasant
Peasant

Post by korink »

Pc rebooted with sata cable in benq drive, but power off. Win 7 loading, if i hit to on my xbox, the pc freeze... that´s wierd....
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Try turning on your console before you see any of the colored balls that fly around while win 7 is loading, so right when you see "Loading Windows" power the drive.

It's worked for me a couple times when I was using win xp, I had a fried ms28 (samsung's and benq's are VERY similar) and it would freeze my comp if i just plugged it in and tried to flash it.
korink
Peasant
Peasant

Post by korink »

after 10 minuts loading win 7 ,now my pc keep says me " no via port found".
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Stick with iPrep, lots of people have been able to recover bad flashes on a benq with dosflash, try the restore method I posted above.
korink
Peasant
Peasant

Post by korink »

I can´t do it because, when my eletricity gone, the pen driver gone too, i cannot able to get my original firmware, so i can use another benq firmware just to try recover ? If yes, could you give me the tip where i can find it?

I´m sorry boring you with my issue... i hate ask everything, i´ve saw a lot ot tutorials but no one help.

Thanks again!

korink
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

What operating system are you using?
korink
Peasant
Peasant

Post by korink »

win 7 32 bits...
who_be_dat
Bandit
Bandit

Post by who_be_dat »

You might wanna try xp or vista, i have used JF on both and never had a problem.

Return to “IPreP”