can't open key.bin?

Post Iprep 101 things here.
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

can't open key.bin?

Post by chris.redfield »

so I have a 7 series liteon that I just got in from a friend and I am using iprep 9 with ixDef for ixtreme 1.6 because I dont have a probe series 2. I want to read the key and I am presented with this message:

Dvd-Key is invalid
file not found - Key.bin
file not found - dummy.bin
file not found - dummy.bad

Can't open key.bin
Usage: dummyGen
Output roughtly mimics a benq image for use with firmtools 1.3

I am using a circut pen to bridge the R707 and R708 because I never got around to buying a probe but I never had problems before. Has anyone seen this screen before and what does it mean?

Thanks redfield out...
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Re: can't open key.bin?

Post by chris.redfield »

I found the problem to be associated with the com port. As it turns out old Intel chip sets have difficulty dumping the liteon keys in iprep but have no problem dumping the keys in jungle flasher. Thus I preformed the dumps in jungleflasher after installing portIO32 on my windows 7 32bit OS. Then I built the FW with jungleflasher. Finally I used Cofree's method for unlocking semi-locked liteon drives with iprep9 and ixtreme 5.1 dos folder to work around mounting the drive and then erasing and writing. Wow... I would like to apologize if this post is redundant to all the admins and I would like to thank all the hard working members of this site for the great insight and technical know how to help us all out in our time of need.

Have a great night team,

redfield out...
djshauny1
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: can't open key.bin?

Post by djshauny1 »

glad you got it sorted man

Return to “IPreP”