Noob here in need of help

Post Iprep 101 things here.
Tiki
Peasant
Peasant

Noob here in need of help

Post by Tiki »

I'm pretty new to this scene as all I have flashed was my hitatchi drive well over a year ago. I just bought a halo edition xbox with a liteon 7 x drive and purchased the Blaster ck3. While trying to erase the drive it failed and is now bricked,. I have been looking to use Iprep since it seems like it is the only way to bring it back to life.

I'm using the tutorial from http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 197&t=7041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but I cant seem to load any firmware at all. I down loaded the new Benq (just to try to get it going )as well as 1.6 but it seems like anything i try doesnt seem to take. Perhaps I'm missing what I am suppose to be loading, If there is anyone kind enough to help me out on this to get this going i would greatly appreciate it.

At this point I would even give out my phone number to speak to someone that could walk me through this mess. This is my sons birthday present and I really need to get this up and running.
Tiki
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Noob here in need of help

Post by Tiki »

I resolved the iprep issue of loading firmware, I was unaware that ixdef needed to be added. The internet is a great thing :).

The next question is the one that is really killing me. I got the bootable drive to come with no issues but when it is attached to my liteon it doesnt come up as a useable port. I have an old hitatchi ( laser is burnt out) that I attached to it and it recognized that. I have not been able to open or close the tray via the blaster ck3, is the drive completely dead?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Noob here in need of help

Post by CoFree »

Tiki wrote:I have not been able to open or close the tray via the blaster ck3, is the drive completely dead?
well i dont know about 100% dead but
there is a big problem with it

it should open with a ck3 unless its broke or
there is a bad flash (or the chip is blank after a erase) in it and its locked up.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “IPreP”