help with iPrep v12.2.2 + samsung & benq

Post Iprep 101 things here.
msimon7
Peasant
Peasant

help with iPrep v12.2.2 + samsung & benq

Post by msimon7 »

Hello,
new to the site, but have been reading a lot of posts/pages this weekend. great site and glad i found it.

hopefully this is a quick/easy question.
I have 2 xboxes that I want to flash to the latest LT firmwares. one is a samsung m25 (currently has old xtreme 3.3 on it, and my have been flashed to m28, not positive, it was quite a while ago) and a benq with ixtreme 1.41 on it.
I have iPrep v12.2.2 loaded and connect my boxes to the winXP pc with the VIA Sata pci card.

I tried JungleFlasher (latest version) and when i connect my samsung to the PC after JF is running the whole PC locked up. hard reboot needed. have successfully flashed my 2 xboxes (plus my friends) about 5 times with USB bootable flash drive and would prefer to stay with that.

Only problem is that I can not find the latest iPrepltDef.xml anywhere, and without that I'm stuck.
I watched CoFree's vid tutorial today and i'm itchin' to do the same thing with the latest :)

if you have any way of helping me, advice, links, anything - I would really appreciate it.
thank you for your time!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: help with iPrep v12.2.2 + samsung & benq

Post by CoFree »

the lastest def file for iprep is on xbins
xbox360/firmware/firmware tools/iprep
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
msimon7
Peasant
Peasant

Post by msimon7 »

thanks for the quick reply.

I have that file, it is iDef-iXtreme LT.rar
but when you open that rar, it has ixDef.xml in it and is a different format than iPrep 12 uses. newer xml file has more nodes in each entry. I tried earlier today to use it anyway, can't hurt, but upon opening iPrep it had some error pop-ups (assuming due to the xml format)
that xml file doesn't include entries for the latest 1.0 LT for samsung, only goes up to 1.5 ixtreme and it does have a LT version for benq, but not the matching latest for LT 1.2.
also the readme file says to "replace ixdef.xml in C:\Program Files\iPrep 101\Resources", the newest version of iPrep is just unpacked and has the xml file right under the top level. so it seems that that file is still behind iprep 12?? the datestamps on xbins have iprep being 2 months newer than the xml.rar

even in the "release notes" about iprep 12, they mention the support of the latest firmwares. I thought they usually had the definitions in the release xml, but it has been a while and don't recall.

one other question if you don't mind. with that latest iprep (assuming I get it working at some point), would I need to run or use the latest "firmtool1.3.1"? when i last used iprep a year and half ago, i had to update it with firmtool 1.2, but that was with iprep 101 and had the setup/install that is mentioned in the xml readme file. No clue really about this new version. wish klutsh's site was still up. that would probably help a lot of people with v12...

thanks again for writing back.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

one of the guys will have to make a new def file for the new samsung firmware it look like.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
msimon7
Peasant
Peasant

Post by msimon7 »

thats what it seems like, just wait and see. thanks again for the reply
xtnod
Peasant
Peasant

Post by xtnod »

I know this thread is old, but it's the exact same problem I am running into, anyone have a solution. And jungle flasher does not work on my pc :(
msimon7
Peasant
Peasant

Post by msimon7 »

hello
i never got this to work, never saw an updated def xml file posted. so I tried jungle flash again - learned that I needed to uninstall the drivers and followed the guides driver install. then jungle flash worked. would have preferred to stay with the method i was used to, but couldn't without the updated file. good luck.
xtnod
Peasant
Peasant

Post by xtnod »

Yeah I am gonna go the Dosflash route Jungle Flasher is nice, but I prefer the dos way.

Return to “IPreP”