but i touch on dosflash with the 9000 dvd drive
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
MCBarkingSpoon
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Erased Liteon. Need help. :(

Post by MCBarkingSpoon »

This issue with my liteon freezing, does that happen alot or was it just a fluke? Because I don't mind using JungleFlasher just don't want it to make a habit of locking after firmware erase.
MCBarkingSpoon
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MCBarkingSpoon »

Heya, that video, can I have a link to download it for future reference?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

MCBarkingSpoon wrote:Heya, that video, can I have a link to download it for future reference?
Go to the topic the video is attached: http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 195&t=3226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MCBarkingSpoon wrote:This issue with my liteon freezing, does that happen alot or was it just a fluke? Because I don't mind using JungleFlasher just don't want it to make a habit of locking after firmware erase.
It may have been a fluke it may have been a problem with your setup. If dosflash works for you, i'd stick with it, no need to go use jungle and have it lockup again. Especially on a drive that isn't as recoverable as a lite-on.
MCBarkingSpoon
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MCBarkingSpoon »

THX, Yeah I think im done with Jungleflashers issues.

Anyway you could help me with something? I just need a fresh step by step on what I put on the drive, how I do it etc.
Video helped a lot but this is as if I'm going to DOSFLASH from the start. How could I upgrade my firmware to the new LTPlus?

TIA!!!!!
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Well you cant use iprep to build your hacked FW anymore, as it will not do it correctly with the new FW's.

So your going to need your OFW, or your going to need to dump your drive.

So if you want to dump your drive, make a usb stick with iprep on it, and use the 'd'<drive> <serial> IE: dsam 1234567 12345

Go through the dumping process for whatever drive you have, once its dumped your drive then boot into windows, load up jungle flasher, and load your ofw (which will be on your usb stick in the /1234567/12345 folder) then load your CFW (LT+ or whatever) and hit the spoof button.

Now take this CFW put it on the stick and follow the video guide like you did before to flash.
MCBarkingSpoon
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MCBarkingSpoon »

Ok so lets say I dont have the original fw, the hacked one currently on my liteon will work?
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yes, all you need is the key. Can be an xtreme FW, ixtreme FW, LT FW, OFW anything, as long as the key is in the firmware.

Thing is with the LT firmware if you dont have your OFW, you cannot dump the drive without doing an MRA hack. (That's the solder method)
MCBarkingSpoon
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MCBarkingSpoon »

I dont plan on dumping it. Just wanna overwrite the hacked firmware with a new version.
MCBarkingSpoon
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MCBarkingSpoon »

Im really confused, I modded my firmware quite a long time ago, so the firmware on the drive is not the original but liteon 1.1.

I dump that firmware you mean?

Return to “IPreP”