IPREP 101 v006 dvd state 0x00 or 0x80 only

Post Iprep 101 things here.
clownytime
Peasant
Peasant

IPREP 101 v006 dvd state 0x00 or 0x80 only

Post by clownytime »

Old post that I deleted, but thought it might provide some context to my new question:

Trying to flash a BenQ drive with Jungle Flasher 1.73b. This is the log I get on the MTK Flash 32 tab:

JungleFlasher 0.1.73 Beta (108)
Session Started Sat Nov 13 20:48:10 2010

This is a Wow 64 process running on 4 x 64 bit CPUs
portio64.sys Driver Installed
portio64.sys Driver Started, thanks Schtrom !
Found 6 I/O Ports.
Found 1 Com Ports.
Found 4 windows drives C: D: F: G:
Found 0 CD/DVD drives

I can't get the DVD drive to detect. I've tried the tray half-out trick and have browsed the forums and can't find a solution. I am using the XBOX 360 to power my drive, I was told I didn't need a CK3 with a BenQ, is this correct?

The xbox drive is connected to my SATA port in my motherboard that used to connect my computer's dvd drive. My hard drive that I run my operating system on is connected to the other SATA.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.

Any help would be appreciated!

(Oh. My motherboard SATA chipset = NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller and my IEEE 1394 Bus host controller = VIA 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller)

New post and my current question:

UPDATE:
Sooooo found in the FAQ's after this post that most on board SATA does not work and sounds like I need a SATA card.

However, I've run into another problem now:

*I'm now trying to use IPREP 101 v006 and have gotten the firmware loaded and have my bootable USB drive now.

*When I try to use dBen, I can't get the status to go to "D1" like it says it's waiting for. I turn the drive on and off and it just bounces back and forth between state 0x00 and state 0x80.

*NOW here's the interesting part. When I use the primary SATA port on my motherboard, when I turn on my xbox 360 drive (still using the xbox as power) the green light on the xbox flashes and the eject button for the dvd drive does nothing when pressed.The drive only behaves this way while waiting in IPREP for the state to go to "D1".

When I use the other SATA port on my mo board and turn on the drive when prompted, it acts normally (powers up, solid green light, able to eject dvd drive, etc.)

I would say purchase an SATA card, but this difference in behavior makes me think that I may have one of those rare mother boards that will actually work with flashing. Any ideas? Or do I need to get the SATA card.

And yes, the xbox drive reads games and movies and is in perfect working order.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Return to “IPreP”