IPREP with new LT+FW

Post Iprep 101 things here.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

IPREP with new LT+FW

Post by nufcmickey »

I only use Iprep and I have the new FW but no way to flash the drive, any news on an IXDef file or any other way round this ? I imagine there wont be a new Iprep for a little while yet so what to do ? :(
Deathuntou
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Re: IPREP with new LT+FW

Post by Deathuntou »

Klutsh no longer works on the Iprep program, as far as I know. Just have to get JF to work.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Im sick of trying to get JF to work, whenever I turn on the CK3 it just locks up. Surely someone could create an IXDef file for Iprep to load the FW.
prozac4312
Peasant
Peasant

Post by prozac4312 »

If you already have a copy of your firmware/drive key backed up, you can just prep the CFW in JF and then use iPrep to flash the drive...should work.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Nah I aint got a copy, Just tried plugging my ck3 lite in, soon as I switch it on, BAM locks up the whole PC. Ive tried going to device manager and uninstalling VIA card, then it asks me to restart, I click later. I remove what driver files I can find. Its still dam locking up. Be nice if someone could help me with this as surely I aint the only one who has this issue. :cry:
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

nufcmickey wrote:Nah I aint got a copy, Just tried plugging my ck3 lite in, soon as I switch it on, BAM locks up the whole PC. Ive tried going to device manager and uninstalling VIA card, then it asks me to restart, I click later. I remove what driver files I can find. Its still dam locking up. Be nice if someone could help me with this as surely I aint the only one who has this issue. :cry:
man
start a thread and we will have a look
i see no reason why just hooking up your ck3 would lock up your pc
unless you are talking about your ck3 and dvd drive
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
prozac4312
Peasant
Peasant

Post by prozac4312 »

Cofree--was I right? Will putting the CFW created with JF in the right directory in an iPrep prepared flash drive work? I had someone flash my 74850C drive because I didn't want to pay for the additional hardware necessary, but I have a backup of the firmware. What can I do to reflash with iXtreme LT+?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea man that should work
take the copy of you firmware in the new jungle flasher and a copy as target firmware
and build it in jungle
then
you may have to rename the firmware for iprep but it should flash it in
as long as you have the port right

guy the trouble with jungle flasher was the fact it did not do right with a via
a lot of pc have on board sata that is not via
and works good
No Questions by PM.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Ive connected the CK3 Lite, Hooked up the drive. Im just in Windows 7. I dont even have to load Jungle Flasher as that installs Port IO and loads up fine. When I switch the power on the CK3 the mouse will move for about 5 seconds then the PC just completely locks up forcing a restart.

Poeple say get the VIA card but the one I have has flashed many drives in Iprep no problem, Obviously I will have to get it if thats my only option. It was like 12.30am when I took all my xbox apart, I am now no further forward and its just gone 2am. Ive sacked it will just come back 2moro and hopefully someone be able to help.

Im even considering wiping my whole PC ONCE again to reinstall winxp to see if thats ok. The drive is a 7 series liteon flashed with 1.61. Thanks for any help in advance.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

first
you need to be on xp
No Questions by PM.
prozac4312
Peasant
Peasant

Post by prozac4312 »

Cofree...is the nForce 430 chipset compatible with flashing 74850C drives? I've done a ton of BenQ/Samsung/Hitachi drives with no problems...but now that I'm trying to do it with my LiteOne it's saying 'unknown flash chip'. It's making me insane...would love for some clarification.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

prozac4312 wrote:Cofree...is the nForce 430 chipset compatible with flashing 74850C drives? I've done a ton of BenQ/Samsung/Hitachi drives with no problems...but now that I'm trying to do it with my LiteOne it's saying 'unknown flash chip'. It's making me insane...would love for some clarification.
Thats the one I have and Ive done many in iprep, but like I said I carnt get to use JF so not sure about that
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Right winxp installed, my drive is recognised but no DVD key and when I click to get key it just keeps saying serial data is bad. My missuss going insane as the house is upside down with me trying to do this. Can someone please help.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

the ser data being bad
should not stop you from getting in the drive
it just means that you have some info missin
i have a drive that is that way
ans i flash it but it does ask if i want to continue or not
and i say i do
No Questions by PM.
nufcmickey
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by nufcmickey »

Cheers Coffree, Ive posted an update on the situation in another thread in desperation, hope you understand. This guy who knows how to and uses JF on a daily basis, Ive had him on the phone for over and hour, He was even using remote assistance. I was doing it wrong thus getting bad serial data, He was clicking the device intro button, and I was doing the stuff from my end. The problem Im having now is that this little disc image is in the mouse icon as if its loading a disc as soon as I turn on the CK3,Then Im checking the device manager and it seems like its trying to read from the drive as its sort of installed the Liteon drive, showing up as DG blah blah with a yellow exclamation mark. Then when the odd time we get to click the device intro button its not giving me the right status, just staying on 052. He said if I got a proper VIA card it will work fine, but I dont get how it flashed fine in Iprep, but then he said Iprep runs differently and its probs my problem, Then he said you may need to use the probe again, whcih I tried and still is not returning the correct status. Ive spent about 6 hours on it today and now Ive packed it away again. Its annoying me coz the guy does loads everyday, I hear people on the net and here are going fine. Im baffled I am. :?: :cry:

Return to “IPreP”