Spoof Samsung ms28 into a liteon motherboard

Post Iprep 101 things here.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Spoof Samsung ms28 into a liteon motherboard

Post by CoFree »

what keu are you using.
the dvd drive will not work in any 360 if it dont have a good key from the console you are going to put the drive in
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

do you mean that if i can extract a key from the original liteon that i might be able to spoof it into the samsung?
i truly dont care about the samsungs key because it belongs to no 360 but the lite on is mine.
the only problem is that the pc is not seeing the samsung drive.
i tried to use a usb thinking it would be faster and that i could catch the drive in the first moments of start up but that failed.

some other people online said that they just kept trying but let me tell you this drive isnt moving.
hit me back on the idea above and i will get to work getting the key. i just hope we can save the ms28 and i hope more than anything that if we cant that the company will help me out.

redfield...
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

ok good news!!! not really but at least a start..

with good timing
power on drive 1sec hit key
i was able to get this message

flash type: "sst(sst39sf020)
data sum 0000 opc sum 0

no valid version found in backups\1234567\12345 sam-ofw bin

so at least i can get into the card but maybe its the firmware?
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

i was able to get the liteon key inquiry and identify key perfectly with no problem..
damn man that just sucks about the samsung i believe it was the flash that screwed it up
i wonder if i can flash it again and if it will have any affect.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

from what im reading its not a good idea to spoof a samsung into a lite-on now.
we are think that is what the soon coming v1.5 ixtreme firmware is going to be for.

i would just try to flash a v28 firmware in the dvd drive.with out a key is fine.
you can get a orig v28 dvd drive firmware here.
http://www.team-modfreakz.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No Questions by PM.
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

Good news is the company i bought the samsung from has given me a 6 month warranty on the drive so i should recieve it very soon.

On a side note:

Cofree, what is the word on samsung spoofs to liteon's such as, Is there a possible danger in losing the drive again and, is the problem with the samsung being not as similar to the liteon like the benQ is?

When will this new 1.5xtreme become available and what would be the best program to spoof the drive samsung drive?

I can prepare an output firmware using the xtraxtor software, but would the dump of the key, inquiry, and identity firmware be to much and i should just focus on the key?

Thank you cofree and i hope to hear from you soon.

redfield out....
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

chris.redfield wrote:what is the word on samsung spoofs to liteon
dont do it is the word.c4v said that the only drive to put in a lite-on is a benq,but most are not even doing that till the v1.5 firmware.
chris.redfield wrote:When will this new 1.5xtreme become available
i wish i new
chris.redfield wrote:I can prepare an output firmware using the xtraxtor software, but would the dump of the key, inquiry, and identity firmware be to much and i should just focus on the key?
to spoof a drive into a lite-on you need that information i think.keep in mind i have not done one.
im waiting on the new firmware.
No Questions by PM.
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

Thanks for in input cofree.

When the v.5 hits the scene i have that 6 month warranty to experiment with. hopefully i will let others experiment before i but as long as i get a good dump of the ms28 i should be fine to bring it back.

lets give the bins time to get it right.

"good night, and good luck"
redfield out....
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

Cofree, so far both the xtractor team and xecuter both now have released tutorials for spoofing sammys into liteon boards.

there is even a tutorial page from team xecuter about how to do the process

http://team-xecuter.com/ck3/liteon_swap.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

team xecuter also uses ixtreme v1.4 so i find it odd that they would post this with there being such a stream of chatter about how you mentioned to not use 1.4 for the time being.

it seems that maybe they have had positive results doing this...
it would be great if you could post your own findings.

i should receive my drive by Monday and ready to flash correctly when the time is right...

wait to hear you word..
redfield out..
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

chris.redfield wrote:Cofree, so far both the xtractor team and xecuter both now have released tutorials for spoofing sammys into liteon boards.

there is even a tutorial page from team xecuter about how to do the process

http://team-xecuter.com/ck3/liteon_swap.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

team xecuter also uses ixtreme v1.4 so i find it odd that they would post this with there being such a stream of chatter about how you mentioned to not use 1.4 for the time being.

it seems that maybe they have had positive results doing this...
it would be great if you could post your own findings.

i should receive my drive by Monday and ready to flash correctly when the time is right...

wait to hear you word..
redfield out..
Cofree is not wrong... u can spoof to any drive - the tools & spoof strings are there & things will work

THE POINT IS >> spoofing to anything other than a Benq drive is not considered safe if you plan to use xbox live!
(the pfi/dmi results the other drives throw out are not correct!)

so if you don't have a Benq it is advised to wait for iXtreme v1.5
(..as this is hinted to resolve this problem)

of course - it's entirely your desicion.. u are entitled to form your own opinion, assess the risks & decide on your preffered course of action. We can only offer you our advice // take it or leave it ;)
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

Thanks MSK.
I do look towards your opinion and quiet honestly i would be lost without it in this spectrum of information.

I believe i will flash to 1.4 being i have two consoles and one is still stock which i will keep that way to play originals on live.

as far as this spoof console goes, its sole purpose is to play backups and i will only use it off line.
thus for right now if i can have it spoof and play backups that will be great and when the 1.5 comes along i might just flash it if the new firmware has better features.

live is not that important to me being i am a med student and i have rarely anytime to sit and play.
my gaming is just for the story experience and the introspective questioning that is "can we make real what we dream".
in all aspects i enjoy gaming to feel the immersion and adrenaline filled moments where your choices seem as if they carry weight for just a moment. lol i am getting away from the topic here.

I will continue on but a new question arises!

Which program seems better to spoof?

the xtractor program which bundles the key.bin, inquiry.bin, and identity.bin?

or firmware tool box which team xecuter uses to flash the sammy but only uses the identity.bin folder?

it would seem that the xtractor is a better software to use but without a valid test there is no way to tell is there...

well i look forward to hearing from you and cofree on this topic and i will test the xtractor way first and then the team xecuter way using firmware tool box.

redfield out...
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well
i have not even done a lite-on.
i have one sitting on the shelf waiting for my ck3 pro to comes in.

then i will be using the ck3 pro and the "ck3tool" (you can find the ck3tool in the downloads thread) to dump the lite-on dvd drive.

i wont be spoofing a dvd drive in till after the v1.5 firmware release.just in case its a lite-on flash not just a spoof update.

one can hope guys. :D
No Questions by PM.
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

if that were the case that is was a flash ha more the better!..

Well i used the xtractor software and a conductive pen (liquid silver) to join the rx and tx bridge, and the dump was perfect.

i used the usb connection and did the dump through windows rather than through dos. the dump was done a few times so the key is dead on.

there software works by taking the key,inquiry,and identity bin along with a original key from the sammy or the original key with the ixtreme flash already on it, and creates an output firmware to be used for flashing and spoofing the sammy.

I will will give the team x a try if you are successful in your flash but i will look into the xtractor software for the first go around.
if its a dud i will rsam the orig.bin back on.

well lets wait an see.
i am stuck with no drive until monday so i hope we get some word about 1.5 and maybe its features..

redfield out...
chris.redfield
Bandit
Bandit

Post by chris.redfield »

COfree i tried to use the team xecuter method of creating a spoofed firmware with firmware tool box and then loading the firmware through iprep version 101 v006.2 that is on there website, but iprep wont allow me to load the firmware it reads. "invalid firmware"

hmmm i wonder if it maybe the iprep.

anyway i will dump the sammy key and try to create a firmware using the xtractor tool.

i will keep you posted but please let me know if there is anything i am doing wrong with the team x way. here is the site...

redfield out...
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

iprep will never load odd firmware like that.
but
you can trick it to load the firmware.
rename it and flash it in with a restore.
have a read.
viewtopic.php?f=110&t=196" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No Questions by PM.

Return to “IPreP”