New Iprep def File-Allows for flashing 0800 firmwares

Post Iprep 101 things here.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

New Iprep def File-Allows for flashing 0800 firmwares

Post by sadalius »

Here is an ixdef.xml file that will allow for using iprep to flash samsung, benq, or lite-on 0800 firmwares. I would suggest that if you want to do this, setup two boot devices. One for normal flashing and one for flashing 0800 firmware as it could get confusing so thats what I would suggest.

WARNING!!!
If you set this up to flash 0800 and you accidentally flash a drive without getting a dump of it first and you brick it, it bursts into flames, the laser falls out or gets destroyed by some act of God, I'm not responsible, RHPG is not responsible, no one on RHPG is responsible. You are taking the liability on your own.
ixDef.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood
Location: Up high in the tree looking out for the Sheriff of Nottingham

Re: New Iprep def File-Allows for flashing 0800 firmwares

Post by commando_lee »

Very much greatfull thanks mate.
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
.......................................Image
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

omg

this is going to back fire on us for sure man. :?

Please know what you are doing on this
this is only for The 0800 firmware for dumping games.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

CoFree wrote:omg

this is going to back fire on us for sure man. :?

Please know what you are doing on this
this is only for The 0800 firmware for dumping games.

is there a way to change the file names in iprep so say for a sammy instead of samcfw.bin ------ 0800sam.bin

or would the whole program need changein?
................................................................RobinHoods Very Own
I do this for the fun and pleasure in helping people. But this is NOT my job. Post up on the boards with your question and some body will help you dont use the PM system.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yea the bat files would have to be changed
it maybe something that can be done in a update
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

CoFree wrote:yea the bat files would have to be changed
it maybe something that can be done in a update

Oh well if people mess up itll just mean more work for us lol
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Backfiring is one reason I suggested having to iprep devices. One plainly labeled for flashing 0800 and the other labeled for regular flashing. The key is the labeling them so they can be properly identified.
Sadalius

commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

sadalius wrote:Backfiring is one reason I suggested having to iprep devices. One plainly labeled for flashing 0800 and the other labeled for regular flashing. The key is the labeling them so they can be properly identified.
Not every 1's head is screwd on properly tho, as sometimes the easiest thing is the hardest for some people.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I'm going to use myself as an example. If I'm short sighted enough to not take the extra time to either use two flash drives or other method of keeping my stuff straight and I jack a drive, I'm either buying myself or someone else a new drive or a new 360 because of my mistake. I just want to make it abundantly clear that this is something that everyone needs to pay attention if they are going to do this in this manner.
Sadalius

c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

sadalius wrote:Here is an ixdef.xml file that will allow for using iprep to flash samsung, benq, or lite-on 0800 firmwares. I would suggest that if you want to do this, setup two boot devices. One for normal flashing and one for flashing 0800 firmware as it could get confusing so thats what I would suggest.

WARNING!!!
If you set this up to flash 0800 and you accidentally flash a drive without getting a dump of it first and you brick it, it bursts into flames, the laser falls out or gets destroyed by some act of God, I'm not responsible, RHPG is not responsible, no one on RHPG is responsible. You are taking the liability on your own.
ixDef.rar
I was just wondering since the ixDef file you have available for download supports flashing of the samsung, benq, or lite-on drives 0800 firmwares, does it also support regular flashing of the iXtreme v1.51 and iXtreme v1.6 if I am using iPrep v008.8 or iPrep v009.0? In other words, does it support both 0800 firmware flashing and regular flashing? Or Do I have to change the ixDef file every time I want to do regular flashing and then change the ixDef file again to flash a drive with the 0800 firmwares?
commando_lee
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by commando_lee »

The answer to your question is you can use the same ixdef file, It supports 1.5 + 1.51 + 1.6 and 0800FW

this is a link to a guide on flashing the 0800
viewtopic.php?f=197&t=7067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for BENQ
viewtopic.php?f=197&t=7068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for SAMSUNG
viewtopic.php?f=197&t=7069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for LITE-ON
c0afanh
Bandit
Bandit

Post by c0afanh »

commando_lee wrote:The answer to your question is you can use the same ixdef file, It supports 1.5 + 1.51 + 1.6 and 0800FW

this is a link to a guide on flashing the 0800
viewtopic.php?f=197&t=7067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for BENQ
viewtopic.php?f=197&t=7068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for SAMSUNG
viewtopic.php?f=197&t=7069" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for LITE-ON
Thank you for your quick repose. I will follow the instructions you put on the the post. Thanks. I will make a good back up of the original DVD key. Just in case something goes wrong. If I have any trouble, I will let you know. Thanks....c0afanh.
megaman007
Peasant
Peasant

Post by megaman007 »

Here's an edited iDef file based off the newest version included with iPrep 10.7, which adds support for the 3 0800 firmwares. Special thanks to Sadalius, the 0800 firmware support came from his original edited iDef file. I just slapped this together because 10.7 supports LiteOn 83850C and using the old iDef file caused L83CFW to be unrecognized.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fyr7uz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
conan281
Bandit
Bandit

Post by conan281 »

this will come in handy
lite-on:5
lite-on 83:1 (almost messed up)
benq:1
samsung:1
hatachi:1 (Very complicated)

Return to “IPreP”