iPREP v008.8 boots but v10.1 doesn't :(

Post Iprep 101 things here.
dm_0001
Peasant
Peasant

iPREP v008.8 boots but v10.1 doesn't :(

Post by dm_0001 »

I've flashed my BenQ drive before on my 360.. thanks to this site, which I have to say has THE most structured content/instructions by far making my life and others easier :D

So here's some background on what I have now:

* xbox 360 with an BenQ drive
* Blaster 360 NE (I liked the idea of never having to open my 360 again... money well spent)

I looked at the old Windows Explorer folder I used at the time (a few months ago). So I believe I used iprep, booted from a USB and ixtreme 1.5.

So how do I upgrade? Is applying the flash to the latest level the same procedure as patching or upgrading? I read a tutorial on here about using JungleFlasher. I know a few months ago that BenQ was not able to boot from Windows which is why I ended up using iprep. Does Jungleflasher now work for the BenQ drive? It looks like it does but the tutorial mentioned it doesn't work for ixtreme 1.5. Is there a work around? What are my options?

Let me also say that the only reason I'm performing this upgrade is to be able to play Wave 3 backup games. I recently burned a copy of Madden 10 but it didn't work. I looked up the errors and it pointed to a firmware update as a possible solution (which is why I'm here).

Again, correct me if I'm wrong here. I'm asking several questions in this thread because I'm not the expert here so I'd appreciate the help.
Last edited by dm_0001 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
rkd2398
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Re: Best way to upgrade my BenQ drive?

Post by rkd2398 »

You just do it the same way you did the first time, except for getting the new FW from XbIns.

CoFree made a good video tutorial here: http://www.robinhoodsplayground.com/for ... 195&t=5129" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have any questions just post them up.
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.
dm_0001
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Best way to upgrade my BenQ drive?

Post by dm_0001 »

Thanks for the advice... I ran into another problem though.

I'm not able to boot from the USB stick. At first I thought I did something wrong so I tried troubleshooting. One of the last things I tried was reverting back to IPREP v008.8 with ixtreme 1.5. Now that worked! I tried loading ixtreme 1.6 using the old IPREP but it won't let you.

Any other suggestions? Can I just manually copy IXTREME v1.6 firmware via Windows Explorer onto my USB drive and give it a try using the older IPREP tool? Thanks in advance..

Update: I was using IPREP v10.1. I've confirmed that I'm unable to load ixtreme 1.6 onto the older iprep version. I'm about to try some older iprep versions that support ixtreme 1.6.
Klutsh
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: iPREP v008.8 boots but v10.1 doesn't :(

Post by Klutsh »

To answer your question, yes.

I have uploaded iPrep 10.2 now, it should hopefully address the booting issue, http://www.klutsh.com/forum/iprep/iprep-102/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dm_0001
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dm_0001 »

Thanks a bunch.

I appreciate the help and I'll give it a shot tonight after I finish watching Breaking Bad. Pretty good show on AMC :)

I'll confirm the results soon.
gazzer
Bandit
Bandit

Post by gazzer »

just loaded all files on usb stick with iprep v10.2 and this version wont boot just the same has v10.1 for some reason these versions will not boot just get message on screen disk error my iprep v8 boots with no problems
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

yes this is being worked on

its being a nasty bug :?
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
dm_0001
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dm_0001 »

Gazzer beat me to it.. I got the same results. It's not booting either.

Let me know if you need more details.
dm_0001
Peasant
Peasant

Post by dm_0001 »

Klutsh wrote:To answer your question, yes.
/
Ok. I've formatted my USB stick with IPREP v008.8 but it's not able to recognize or load ixtreme 1.6. I'm now planning on copying the files via Windows Explorer but I noticed the 1.6 file is called "ix16-benq.bin". Do I erase the the BenCFW.bin file located on my USB stick (this is the 1.5 version) and replace it with ix16-benq.bin? Or do I rename the 1.6 version file to "BenCFW.bin" and copy it to the ../CFW directoy on my USB stick?

This is the only file I need to copy, correct?

There is also an "activate.iso" file which I have no idea what it's for... I'm assuming I don't need that file at all.
gazzer
Bandit
Bandit

Post by gazzer »

anybody know if iprep problems v10.2 boot error is any nearer to be sorted
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

The boot error has been solved. We are close to releasing a new stable version. Just hang on just a little bit longer.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
rkd2398

Post by rkd2398 »

Cool Guys. Thanks again for all the hard work that you and Klutsh are putting in to this!!!! :D :D
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/rkd2398[/url]

Please No Questions by PM, Use the board that's what it's for.

Return to “IPreP”