Homemade probe for dumping all Liteons

Please only 360 guide here
yamackbuddy4
Possible Ally of Robinhood
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Homemade probe for dumping all Liteons

Post by yamackbuddy4 »

I take no credit for this tutorial. It was included with the new Jungleflasher.

**NOTE** Before doing this to your probe , concider purchasing the new cable which will allow you to yuse your probe with out modification. It is due in stock next week from what I have read. This is for those who dont wanna wait.

First of all you need to create your PMT Probe. This requires, basically 3 items
1. A Electrolytic Capacitor 1.0F 2.5v
2. Your drive power cable (maybe some spare wires too)

3. A probe (could be a pin – just something solid you can probe with)
On this one, I knocked of all the surface components with my soldering iron (we are only interested in the pin itself)

**Building your PMT Probe**
These pre-wired probe cables that come with CK Probe 1 & 2 are ideal as they already have the cables spliced into the main cable

If not you will need to splice 2 cables into your main loom

With the plug upwards (notice the pegs on top) the indicated cable is GND. The one directly below it is 3.3V.
If you are splicing into one of these cables attach a BLACK cable to GND
And a RED or BROWN cable to the cable below it.

As you can see this cable (CK one) has 3 cable already attached – please note this plug is upside down in comparison to previous picture.

This one is upwards

This one is upwards

If using the CK cable – chop the small plug of the end leaving you with 3 cables

Cut the red cable away – you don’t need it.

Now strip the ends of remaining 2 cables and tin them with your soldering iron, in preparation for next stage.

Now – you need to decide what you are using as a probe/pin
I have tried a few things – took the pin from a Vampire and pushed it into the vamps cable end. Cut away all the other cables – looks like this.

As I mentioned earlier – we are only interested that you can press it onto the PCB – It’s just a pin!
SO – for the sake of this tutorial I’m using the CK Probe 1.
Take your probe and solder the negative (-) leg of the capacitor to it
In the picture below, the 2 large solder point are both connected to the pin, so I choose to keep the cap further from the tip to aid visibility when using it.

Now take your cable you prepared and solder the
Brown cable to the Positive (+) leg of the capacitor
Black cable to the Probe (or Negative (-) leg if you only have 1 solder point on your probe)

Your PMT is complete.

NOTE: the power cable on these are short so don’t tape your cable to the body as it will restrict movement (unless you extend your cables first)

Alternatively you could do it this way –
Brown to Positive (+) leg of capacitor
Black and probe cable to the negative (-) leg

This is my own one that has a lot longer cable so I taped it to the body to keep it out the way and protect the solder joints from being pulled.

Return to “Xbox360 guides go here”