Modding a spoofed drive | Fixing a 3 red ring that wont boot

Please only 360 guide here
thenatisaint
Peasant
Peasant

Modding a spoofed drive | Fixing a 3 red ring that wont boot

Post by thenatisaint »

I have 2 issues I was unsure of. I've been modding boxes for a while and repairing the red ring but I appear to be hitting a snag

First - I have a red ring xbox that wont stay booted (fans spin for a second then stop) and cant do anything with it. XClamp Fixed, repasted, reflowed, reballed and nothing seems to work - Is it just friend?

Second - I have an xbox that was original a samsung that I spoofed a benQ in its place - Which LT 1.9 firmware can I use on this benq flashed as samsung now?

thanks

Sawyer
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Modding a spoofed drive | Fixing a 3 red ring that wont

Post by CoFree »

thenatisaint wrote:First - I have a red ring xbox that wont stay booted (fans spin for a second then stop) and cant do anything with it. XClamp Fixed, repasted, reflowed, reballed and nothing seems to work - Is it just friend?
i would say its game over
after doing all that
thenatisaint wrote:Second - I have an xbox that was original a samsung that I spoofed a benQ in its place - Which LT 1.9 firmware can I use on this benq flashed as samsung now?
some say they have been able to get a spoofed drive to work
i have not
i have 7400 liteon dvd drive console that i spoofed in a samsung v28 and they will not work

i would just get a samsung drive and reflash it and it would be as good as new
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
thenatisaint
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thenatisaint »

The drive works - i was just wondering as far as modding goes... Do I now flash it as a samsung or use benQ firmware?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you have to put the firmware in the drive that was made for it
if its a benq drive it has to have benq firmware in it
if its a samsung drive it has to have samsung firmware in it

all the spoof does is make the firmware that is in the drive look like a different drive when the console looks at the drive ( so to speak)
the console knows what dvd drive it had in it when it was stock
and will only work with that kind of drive
so the spoof tricks the console into thinking it has the stock drive in it
No Questions by PM.
thenatisaint
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thenatisaint »

So technically speaking - the drive cannot be modded then?

Or will i respoof the drive with samsung firmware since thats what the motherboard wants?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

im not sure what you are asking about :?:
No Questions by PM.
thenatisaint
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thenatisaint »

Ok here is the scenerio...

Samsung system had the drive go bad - I had a benq drive on a bad motherboard. Spoofed the BenQ Drive onto the Samsung system to stock Samsung firmware.

Now - the Samsung system w/ the BenQ drive is going into its case and wants to be modded, in order to mod the drive - will the BenQ drive accept the spoofed Samsung firmware or will spoofing the BenQ into the Samsung motherboard only work for stock firmware?

Its more complicated sounding then i think it is.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

1) You cannot put another drive's FW onto a different drive. Meaning, if you flashed stock samsung firmware to the benq, that drive is now bricked.
  • If you mis-typed that, or misunderstood what you did, you likely mean you spoofed the benq into the samsung console, which means you have benq firmware on the drive, but you have the samsung key on the drive, and possibly modified a couple identification strings to say "samsung" instead of "benq"
2) Is the console fully updated, or if not, will it be staying offline?
  • It's pretty well hit and miss with spoofed drives after the latest update, most are unable to get their games to play (as the console detects there is a different drive in the console than should be) but some people are able to boot with a spoofed drive without any problems. All you can do is try, flashing a drive takes a total of like 2 minutes, so not much is lost of the games wont boot.
So what I suggest is to take the benq, grab the latest ixtreme (for benq) spoof in the samsung key (by loading either the OFW off the benq or the OFW from the samsung) and flash the drive.
  • At the end of the day its easier to just buy a new samsung and flash it, then put it in. Will eliminate future headaches, since if the console is updated later and there is another drive update (like there was in this last update) the console will try to flash the benq with samsung firmware, and like I said above that will brick the drive, and RROD your console.
3) The console that wont boot, does it give you any error codes? or just startup for a second then power straight off? if it powers straight off, you likely have a bridged joint under the CPU or GPU.
thenatisaint
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thenatisaint »

My findings:

Spoofed a benq with stock samsung firmware and samsung key.

Modded the spoofed benq (with samsung firmware) with BenQ New LT 1.9 firmware.

The BenQ drive works flawlessly in the Samsung System.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

consoles that had a samsung dvd drive dont do the ap25 checks so that should work
spoofing any benq or liteon console will
give you trouble
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Xbox360 guides go here”