Make a Probe v3, trace cutting not needed. Pogo Mon Thoin

Please only 360 guide here
moonknight
Possible Ally of Robinhood

Post by moonknight »

You dont have to do the mra trace cutting hack with this.
Here is a thread on how to make a Pogo Mon Thoin probe for dumping Phat Liteon drives, no cuts or soldering to Liteon motherboard.
First, this is the Pogo Mon Thoin read-me. It shows basic usage, and how to make a pogo mon thoin out of an old Probe v2 or from scratch. Credit to the author, it was not me.

Difficulty: Beginner. No small solder points to solder onto. Can make without using solder, just alligator clips. "The bigger the blob, the better the job". Can make with already owned parts, or with minimal purchase from Radio Shack.

For those of you wondering what Pogo Mon Thoin means, it is "Kiss My Ass" in gaelic or Irish or something like that.

small edit
by: Cofree
;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by moonknight on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
moonknight

Re: Pogo Mon Thoin Thread

Post by moonknight »

I made my pogo mon thoin by cutting wire six of a spare 360 DVD wire harness in half and soldering a switch in line with it, then using a 360 xtractor pro with a 360 xtractor spear as my probe. The switch allows for "powering off and on" the DVD drive in Jungleflasher 1.84. A simple slide switch from radio shack worked for me. I did not use a capacitor like in the instruction, the switch works fine along with the spear without one. The spear was connected to the 360 xtractor pro like normal.

Picture is for identifying wires in the wire harness only, don't worry about the mode B stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by moonknight on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

If you do not have a spear or probe, all you need to do is strip a little of the insulation off of wire 5, and connect another wire to it. I soldered mine, but an alligator clip could work fine. The wire I used was from an old multimeter, with the pointed end probe at the other end (kind of like the vampire probe pogo pin in the first post, but not hacking up a probe to get the pogo pin). Anyone who built a quick connect to jtag a satellite receiver might have a pogo pin laying around to use instead. Install a switch on line 6 as in the directions above. MAKE SURE THAT WIRE 5 AND WIRE 6 ARE INSULATED AND DO NOT CROSS (cheesy reference to Ghost Busters). ONE IS 3.3V AND THE OTHER IS GROUND! I installed the switch at one end of wire 6, and the pogo mon thoin ground probe at the other end of wire 5 to minimize chance of this happening, and wrapped both in electrical tape.

The point of the pogo mon thoin method is that you can ground the point MPX01 at the right time while powering on and off the DVD drive at the right time. I tried without the switch on line 6 first and just powered on and off the drive using the 360 xtractor pro power switch and it did not work.
Last edited by moonknight on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

Please edit or add to this thread with your own or other experiences with pogo mon thoin. A video would be great!
moonknight

Post by moonknight »

This hasn't been tested by me with a CK3, as I don't have one. Haven't read anything about the CK3 probe V3, only about modding the prove v1 and v2 as in the original post.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

good stuff
im going to copy this to the guides thread ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Xbox360 guides go here”