Flashing a Benq Drive with Dosflash32

Please only 360 guide here
Digital Menace
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Flashing a Benq Drive with Dosflash32

Post by Digital Menace »

i guess this method is still fairly new....as i believe its only a few months old at most

reason im posting this here cuz this is exactly how i flash my benq...an it works AND is the easiest way..meaning u dont have to boot to usb or in dos or any of that iprep stuff....just the prog an thats bout it.

Whats needed

-Via sata 6421 card or Nforce 3 or 4 onboard sata chipset
-the GREAT Dosflash32 program
-Benq Ixtreme Firmware
-A sata cable

Before starting I would also advise that you unplug any other cd or dvd drives plugged into the computer

Step1: Connect the Benq Drive to the Via 6421 card or sata port. Don’t turn on 360 yet.

Step2: Start up your PC and load into Windows xp or vista whichever you have. (i have vista 3bit)

Step3: Once booted into Windows, turn on the 360.

Step4: Startup Dosflash32. It will ask you if you want to “resend the mtk vendor intro cmd.” Say yes. Turn off the drive, wait 2 seconds and turn it back on. *Note: If it doesn’t work, retry but as soon as you hit yes, turn the 360 off so you are doing them at pretty much the same time. Then turn it back on, this is what I had to do in order to get it to read, it can be finicky.*

Step5: Now you should be loaded into Dosflash32 with your 360 drive present.

Step6: Pretty simple from here, you will see a drop down list with Read, Write, and Erase. First read the firmware and save that as orig.bin. (It would be a good idea to save your og firmware in many places i.e. psp stick, ur hd, an maybe a cd-r).

Step7: Copy the orig.bin into your Ixtreme firmware folder for which ever speed you choose. (i recommed 12x as i think thats the speed in which the benq originally reads discs) Run “Make Ixtreme Firmware.” If all goes well it will say Success and you will now have the firmware you need to flash the drive.

Step8: Back in dosflash 32, you want to select Write this time, direct it to the Ixtreme firmware you just created and it will flash the drive.

thats it.

if anyone has questions or help ill try to help out best i can.

NOTE: this will NOT work with the new benq drives....those are doomd at this time...but i hope not forever.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Flashing a Benq Drive with Dosflash32

Post by CoFree »

I would just add that after you dump your firmware for the first time.
cut every off go back in to windows and check your firmware with firmware toolbox v4.6.You are looking for a good key.
As long as you have a good key the you can go on to the flashing.
If you have a bad key the go back to the dumping and start over.

Good post man.
thanks.
oh yea
dos flash has been around from the start. With the flashing with the old samsung ;)
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Sesshomaru
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Sesshomaru »

Nice guide Digital Menace! This looks easier than dealing with iPrep to me.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

It is easier than iprep, but the chances of it working for you is pretty slim. Seems dosflash32 is pretty particular on what machine it will actually work on. As with anything else, its worth a shot to see if you can get things rolling.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by MsK »

sadalius wrote:It is easier than iprep, but the chances of it working for you is pretty slim. Seems dosflash32 is pretty particular on what machine it will actually work on. As with anything else, its worth a shot to see if you can get things rolling.
I've used both without any problems but personally I prefer iprep ;)
Sesshomaru
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by Sesshomaru »

Are there any particular chipsets that are known to work with dosflash32?
Digital Menace
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by Digital Menace »

^i'm really not sure.

all i know is this method works perfect for me an i can flash/reflash with ease, which is important for me of course.

if it wasn't for dosflash32, i prolly would not have tried flashing my 360 on my own as it seemd a bit complicated, but this is simple as it gets.

yup.
Bellic
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bellic »

Great Guide. But would be better if you include a video on the whole process since most noobs won't be getting it right also as CoFree mentioned ...... You should also include the potential errors such as checking weather the key that has been dumped is a good one or not. Anyway again thanks for putting in this post.

Return to “Xbox360 guides go here”