how to use abgx360 to check an iso. >>better that mulleter<<

Please only 360 guide here
m60_maniac
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

how to use abgx360 to check an iso. >>better that mulleter<<

Post by m60_maniac »

This is my tutorial on how to use Abgx360, it took me about an hour and a half to write so please say thanks.
download Abgx from here.... http://rapidshare.com/files/164956964/a ... v0.9.4.rar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edit by : CoFree
It is also here in our programs for 360 thread.
viewtopic.php?f=112&t=48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dont steal this tutorial and pass it off as your own, i dont mind it posted elsewhere but please credit me as its author

thanks, m60_maniac

checking the stealth of an iso

Before we start, there’s a few setting i would recommend changing, although it takes longer to verify it will give the most accurate reading. After they have been changed click file>save settings>default

Click options, then you want to make sure you have all these settings ticked. Also in auto fix there are some to change.

The ones I have highlighted are the ones I changed.

checking for anydvd corruption

What is anydvd style corruption?(Taken from abgx360)

AnyDVD is an app that runs in the background to remove DVD video protections on the fly. This is a nice feature when playing or ripping protected DVD movies but it causes problems when ripping Xbox 360 games because the video data (and possibly game data) will be altered in a way that is detectable on Xbox Live. Altered video will be easily detected and fixed by abgx360 because there are currently only two different video partitions used on Xbox 360 games - the first was used up until 2006-12-04 (with one exception) and all games authored since then have used the second video partition. abgx360 knows which video partition (and matching PFI) your game should have based on the timestamp of authoring in the SS, and it knows what the CRC of that data should be. However, AnyDVD has also been observed to cause corruption in the game partition. If that happens when reading an actual file in the game data, it could result in the game crashing or reporting an error when playing that backup.

How do I know if I have this?

When you check the ISO, you will see it check for it after it checks the CRC. it will look like this somewhere:

I have a corrupted iso, what do I do?

Abgx360 should fix this, if however it doesn’t do not burn it as it will not be safe to play online. Post in a forum about it, ask for other members help.

Checking the info of the iso

i have finished checking the ISO, how do I know if I have a fully safe ISO?

You will see a lot of text on the box that pops up, you don’t need it all, just the bit that are in colour. This is a fully safe iso; it is Allstars Call of duty world at war.

i have a bad rip, how do I fix this?

There are 2 ways to fix this, normally abgx360 will fix this itself if you have changed the options I said about earlier, but sometimes it won’t.

method 1

download the good rip files and use abgx to insert them, under the manually patch or extract files tab. select the files you want to insert, browse for them and click launch.

method 2.

This works by changing the value of the ss file, making it a good rip. I’m not sure if this has adverse effects but it will fix the ss.bin file. Under the auto fix tab, check the adjust angle 359 for ixtreme >1.4. when you click launch it will fix this.

With either method, the end result is as follows:

I get an error saying verification failed right at the bottom.

This is common with new releases; it is caused by the game not being added to the database yet. The error looks like this

i hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you have any questions or sugestions for it please let me know, m60_maniac

MsK
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: how to use abgx360 to check an iso. >>better that mulleter<<

Post by MsK »

I posted a tut created by TORO the other day which cofree added here >> viewtopic.php?f=110&t=2947" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

it includes instructions for the autofix pane // including the 359 angle fix
- in which case 1.4 should compensate for anyhow but it's always nice to get it right from the offset ;)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

good post man.
thanks for the work.
hope you like being Blue :D
Thanks for giving back some.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
m60_maniac
Trusted Member
Trusted Member

Post by m60_maniac »

yea i read it and it wasnt too detailed reli lol

i prefer red but blue will do me fine :P thanks man

nxdragon
Bandit
Bandit

Post by nxdragon »

Very useful program i would have to say. I would use this well over XDVDMulleter any day.
tileguru74
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tileguru74 »

Thank You! :mrgreen:
tileguru74
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tileguru74 »

Thank You! :mrgreen:
dish
Peasant
Peasant

Re: how to use abgx360 to check an iso. >>better that mullet

Post by dish »

yeah, just found out we have to check the iso in our back up games. this was dead on, thanks man. and thanks to robinhood's playground.

Return to “Xbox360 guides go here”