How To Rebuild Missing Serial Info (Liteons)

Please only 360 guide here
ghost.x74
Bandit
Bandit

How To Rebuild Missing Serial Info (Liteons)

Post by ghost.x74 »

Guide to rebuild the missing serial info for your Liteon drive
using JungleFlasher 1.51

If any of you have tried to upgrade the iXtreme firmware on your Liteon drive using JungleFlasher and seen the popup window shown below then your dummy.bin file is missing some serial information from your drive.

This popup window would have appered when you clicked on the “dummy from iXtreme” button in JungleFlasher. As it explains in the popup window, you can rebuild that serial info once you have the original drive. All of the information that we need can be found on the drive and thanks to the good people who make JungleFlasher, we can input this information easily and build it into our dummy.bin file and complete the flashing process properly.

The first thing to do here is click yes in the popup box to proceed.

Now JungleFlasher should open up with the bad dummy.bin loaded up. Your drive key and other visible information will still look OK at this point. (I have removed my info from the pics for obvious reasons)

Click on the “advanced view” click box that is marked in the pic below.

When you click in the “advanced view” box some tabs should appear, as shown in the pick below. You want to repair the serial information so go ahead and click on the serial tab.

When you select the serial tab the window underneath it will be full of letters and numbers specific to your drive (again I have removed mine from the pic)

Double-Click in that window

When you have double clicked in the window then this box should appear.

This is where you manually type in the missing serial information. All of this information can be found on various stickers/labels which are stuck to your liteon drive. Take a look at the green arrows that I have drawn pointing at the black and white icons. Each of these little icons will be displayed on each sticker alongside the requested number.

For example

1 Cover
Here you need to enter the 17 didgit barcode number from the lid of the drive and it can be found over the barcode icon as shown in the pic below.

3 HW Ver

You can also see the HW Ver number that we need to type into box number 3 so you might as well put that in now too.

Now to get the number for box number 2 (the Laser)

You need to open your liteon drive up and then eject the disc tray to see the laser sticker/label.
When you have the drive open and have ejected it, look for the sticker/label circled in red in the pic below.

(it should have a 16 digit number in 4 rows of 4 and end in XX)

For example

45XX

The last set of numbers for box 4 that we need are found underneath the small circut board inside of the drive. You will need to remove two small screws before you can lift the board up and take a look at the sticker/label. The 2 screws are circled in red in the pic below.

Also notice the 2 plastic pieces circled in yellow. These help to keep the board in place.

Be very careful taking the screws out because if you scratch your drive board you could ruin the drive.

Also take your time and remember you dont need to remove the board, you just want to look underneath.

Also note that there are some small wires and some small ribbon cables attached to the circuit board. Be careful not to separate any of them when you lift the board.

When you have the screws out and the board loose lift it out and write down the numbers on the sticker/label circled red in the pic below.

In box 4 in the PCB section you want to put the 10 digit (second row) number from this label and then type in the 8 digit (Third row ) number underneath.

Thats it

Press OK

Now JungleFlasher will build you a file called dummy_fixed.bin

The new file will already be loaded in place for you by Jungleflasher. Next you just continue the process as normal.....Open iXtreme firmware as your target. Then spoof source to target and go through the erase/write process as you normaly would.

To check and see if it worked. When you have finished flashing your drive. Go back into Jungleflasher and hit the “dummy from iXtreme” button again.

If you have done everything correctly then you should see no error popup window this time.

Here is a PDF if you would like to download the guide.
rebuild serial using jf 1.zip

Ghost.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: How To Rebuild Missing Serial Info (Liteons)

Post by CoFree »

thanks for the guide man
good job.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
knglrk
Peasant
Peasant

Post by knglrk »

does this work with brick lite on drive that don't have dummy.bin or anything else

i need some help please pm or reply back
i really need the help thanks
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

this is not the right place for your post man.

no it will not work for a erased lite-on that is locked up
if you dont have any of your files
key and stuff
then there is no way to recover the drive
sorry
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
poloman
Peasant
Peasant

Post by poloman »

First time post and a little late...but just wanted to say thanx for a terrific tutorial on this.

Much appreciated !!! :mrgreen:
thecube
Squire
Squire

Post by thecube »

i got with same after i put the info in it still does not except it its new one dec 08 should i just ignore
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

There have been a few that were shipped from the factory without the serial information. I don't know if I would ignore it or not, there is no way to tell if the information is actually utilized or not for sure. I just know that it would be hard to base a decision to ban someones 360 because of missing serial data because of that fact.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
thecube
Squire
Squire

Post by thecube »

thanks sounds a bit grim i was thinking of flashing another unit with the software and c if it worked would it b safe to do the original one .all the labels r there they r not being excepted in jungleflasher 2 fix the dummy.bin
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

you are using the latest 1.66 jf right? Where does it fail at adding your serial data?
Sadalius

thecube
Squire
Squire

Post by thecube »

yes i am using 1.66 its when i put the digits in off the drive the ok button doesnt change but ive checked again ,again this is the first one thats not worked
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Sent you a PM.
Sadalius

thecube
Squire
Squire

Post by thecube »

sent
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Sent back, If you don't get it, let me know and I'll rar or zip it if it gets stripped from you.
Sadalius

thecube
Squire
Squire

Post by thecube »

brill
weras
Peasant
Peasant

Post by weras »

thanks for the guide man

Return to “Xbox360 guides go here”