Unbrick Lite-ons and other drives too (warrig method)

Please only 360 guide here
xx0warrig0xx
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unbrick Lite-ons and other drives too (warrig method)

Post by xx0warrig0xx »

Im done making a tutorial next im making a reflowing tut on e74.

either way unbricked my lite-on enjoy
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Unbrick Lite-ons and other drives too (warrig method)

Post by sadalius »

Nice video man. Just a few things to tuck into your hat of knowledge though. Keep in mind that when the computer locks up when doing the lite-on erase through jungleflasher, it's not JF causing the problem. It's the VIA drivers that does it. Once the drive is erased what happens is the VIA then tries to poll the drive and since the drive doesn't respond, it doesn't know how to handle that so it locks up. Its like a divide by 0 operation.

The next thing is that the drive is not actually bricked. It's just erased. At that point there are a few ways to flash it. Of course there is doshflash16, and dosflash32. Of course there is jungleflasher also. This doesn't always work, but you can sometimes hit the intro/device id button and be able to get back into the flash, but if its because of a lockup after the erase, you'll just about have to use dosflash16 to get it back because on about 50% of PC's as soon as you turn the CK kit back on, it locks the PC up from where the VIA card is trying to poll the drive.

Don't take this to mean that I'm not digging your guide because I do, I think it's great, I just think you would appreciate the extra information.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
xx0warrig0xx
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by xx0warrig0xx »

sadalius wrote:Nice video man. Just a few things to tuck into your hat of knowledge though. Keep in mind that when the computer locks up when doing the lite-on erase through jungleflasher, it's not JF causing the problem. It's the VIA drivers that does it. Once the drive is erased what happens is the VIA then tries to poll the drive and since the drive doesn't respond, it doesn't know how to handle that so it locks up. Its like a divide by 0 operation.

The next thing is that the drive is not actually bricked. It's just erased. At that point there are a few ways to flash it. Of course there is doshflash16, and dosflash32. Of course there is jungleflasher also. This doesn't always work, but you can sometimes hit the intro/device id button and be able to get back into the flash, but if its because of a lockup after the erase, you'll just about have to use dosflash16 to get it back because on about 50% of PC's as soon as you turn the CK kit back on, it locks the PC up from where the VIA card is trying to poll the drive.

Don't take this to mean that I'm not digging your guide because I do, I think it's great, I just think you would appreciate the extra information.
Na bro its K and I have metioned in the info on the side to have portIO and I did have it installed properly. It didnt lock up on me actually it said bad flash like it said writeing bank 0 1 then it said bad flash and i got device 0x81 and I was like F* then i tried to do whatever worked and came across this. Thanks though!
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

thanks for the video man

"i liked the oh crap i dont want that laser to"
line

your videos are the bomb man.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
xx0warrig0xx
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by xx0warrig0xx »

I hope you guys aint lying lol be more constructive critisism i wont cry I need to know how to make it easier and better =D

im uploading a playlist on youtube called fails
dalecheesy
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by dalecheesy »

Nice vid but i'm slightly worried about the size of that mahoosive screwdriver in the vid..what were you gonna do stab it to death?? :D :D
iamwatt
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by iamwatt »

that's hilarious how you thanked the people who made dosflash and then "somewhat to jungleflasher. . . " lol!
Klutsh
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by Klutsh »

Seriously, Jungle flasher is not needed at all, for anything but Hitachi drives.
Even then I only use it to dump the drive and generate the hacked firmware, I drop back to FirmwareToolbox to do the actual flashing.

Flashing drives inside windows is dangerous, always has been, too much running in the background. to much to go wrong.
xx0warrig0xx
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by xx0warrig0xx »

Klutsh wrote:Seriously, Jungle flasher is not needed at all, for anything but Hitachi drives.
Even then I only use it to dump the drive and generate the hacked firmware, I drop back to FirmwareToolbox to do the actual flashing.

Flashing drives inside windows is dangerous, always has been, too much running in the background. to much to go wrong.
Agreed

The only programs ill use are the following

Iprep
Jungleflasher (for key extraction and spoofing)
dosflash 32 1.7beta for some flashing and unbricking
Firmware toolbox for other things
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

I actually like jungleflasher. It's what I use as my staple flashing program. Do I recommend it to others. Absolutely not. Now I'm not down playing jungleflasher at all. It's just that I've tinkered with my rig enough to know that it will and does work for me.

My recommendation for novices or people thats not going to be doing a whole lot of flashing is iprep for all drives but hitachi's. For hitachi's it's firmware toolbox.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
aidarous92
Peasant
Peasant

Post by aidarous92 »

ummmm...i dont think im a nub but..my MTK Vendor Intro Fails....it never gets past Ox80 it just sits there...anyone help please..?
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

well man
you should have started you on post

it sounds like the pc is not seeing the drive.

im not sure what you are asking.
start your own thread and ask your question
again.
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
xx0warrig0xx
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by xx0warrig0xx »

aidarous92 wrote:ummmm...i dont think im a nub but..my MTK Vendor Intro Fails....it never gets past Ox80 it just sits there...anyone help please..?
dont resend mtk vendor intro
chevyboy
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chevyboy »

sadalius wrote:Nice video man. Just a few things to tuck into your hat of knowledge though. Keep in mind that when the computer locks up when doing the lite-on erase through jungleflasher, it's not JF causing the problem. It's the VIA drivers that does it. Once the drive is erased what happens is the VIA then tries to poll the drive and since the drive doesn't respond, it doesn't know how to handle that so it locks up. Its like a divide by 0 operation.

i am having the same problem u are talking about. every time i turn on the ck3 my pc freezes could u help me out. i would be thankful
lcddarkangel1
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Post by lcddarkangel1 »

hey i used your tutorial you made. it worked for me
but you need to get yourself a tripod for taping your vid.

not bashin you or anything
you do like to say basicly alot.

but it worked.

Return to “Xbox360 guides go here”