How to flash a BenQ / Samsung with a laptop using iPrep 009

Please only 360 guide here
XisiLL
Squire
Squire

How to flash a BenQ / Samsung with a laptop using iPrep 009

Post by XisiLL »

Okay well basically, flashing DVD drives with a laptop is a very confusing task. I tried for so long, different methods, and so many different ways and I was barely ever able to flash a drive with my laptop. But now, finally, I believe that I have found the method for flashing your 360 DVD Drives (Samsung / BenQ) for now.

All the files and firmwares used for iPrep are included in the downloadable file.

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/238749727/Laptop_Modding.zip.html
Step 1: Open up your iPrep 009 and load your Samsung and BenQ firmware. I used the firmware included in the download file above 'SamCFW.Bin' and 'BenCFW.bin'

Step 2: Select your SATA / Raid Controller and write down your port you will need this later.

Step 3: Select your COM port to where your connectivity kit is connected if you have one: definitely makes things easier if you do have one.

Step 4: For your target device you're going to need an empty USB drive. This will be what you will boot your laptop off of when your make it bootable. Anywho, after you select the USB drive check off 'Format / make bootable' and 'Include Batch Files'. Select your method either FAT or FAT32. I personally used FAT.

Step 5: Click Start, let iPrep work and then it should be finished. Close out of iPrep.

****BEFORE YOU RESTART YOUR LAPTOP MAKE SURE YOU GO INTO YOUR DEVICE MANAGER AND YOU DISABLE YOUR COMPUTERS DVD DRIVE, ALSO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS ON YOUR LAPTOP BESIDES THE BOOTABLE FLASH DRIVE****

Restart your laptop now

Step 6: When your laptop is booting go into the BIOS by pressing the designated key (mine was F10). Go to your boot list and put the USB drive as your first booting option, this will allow your laptop to boot the DOSFLASH from the USB Drive. The USB Drive might be named 'USB DISKETTE ON KEY' in your BIOS, whatever it's called as long as you know its your USB Drive make it the first option for booting.

Step 7: Save your changes and exit your BIOS, your laptop should restart automatically.

Step 8: Now that your laptop has booted onto DOSFLASH you should see a black screen with several options. At this point you want to HOOK EVERYTHING UP. Connect your SATA card to your laptop, connect the SATA cord to the SATA card and the DVD Drive, your DVD Drive to your power source (either 360 or connectivity kit) and your connectivity kit to your laptop. (via USB).

Step 8: Once everything is turned on depending on what type of drive you have, you're going to want to type in: dben 1234567 12345 or dsam 1234567 12345. Replace the 1234567 12345 with the console that you are modding serial number. Once you type that in click enter.

Step 9: Follow the on screen instructions and make sure you read them carefully.

Step 10: Click enter again.

Step 11: Now a list of your ATAPI / SATA Devices should have come up. For me about the first 25 times the 360 DVD Drive was not recognized in my laptop, and this is a general problem. It usually gives you a list of the ports and says no device found for each.

Step 12: What you want to do when this happens is when you get back to the c:/ you want to type in DOSFLASH over and over again until you get the DVD Drive detected in the list if devices. If the DOSFLASH isn't working try typing dben 1234567 12345 or dsam 1234567 12345 dependent on your drive at the c:/ . By the way at this time the letters in the DOSFLASH should be a pinkish red color, so don't worry about that. When you type in the dben 1234567 12345 / dsam 1234567 12345 you will be re sent to the page with all the instructions, click enter again and follow the instructions.

Step 13:Once you have finally gotten the drive detected in the laptop by either typing DOSFLASH or dben 1234567 12345 / dsam 1234567 12345. You will see the drive model and it will ask you to send Magic28. HIT YES

Step 14: If the Magic28 fails if will tell you to turn on your drive, eject it, turn it off, put it halfway in, then turn it back on. Do so and then hit yes. After you hit yes turn off the drive. WAIT 5 SECONDS and then TURN THE DRIVE BACK ON. You should get a message of 0x72. This means the drive is being dumped. It should say 0x72 then have a flashing line under it meaning it's working.

Step 15: You will then be prompted to select your device number. Input the number in which the 360 DVD Drive was detected which the number that contains the port we wrote down from iPrep mine was 7. Now enter 'R' for read, and for file name benofw.bin or samofw.bin
DOSFLASH should then read all 4 banks and create your new hacked 1.6 firmware for your drive.

Step 16: At this point you are ready to flash the drive. You might want to reboot into windows and copy the files for your drive that are stored on the USB Drive onto your laptop and several other locations just in case there's ever a problem in the flashing process. I personally DO NOT do this because I run the risk of the drive becoming un detected by my laptop and having to repeat the entire process again but that's just a risk I take, you should do what you feel comfortable with.

Step 17: Now you will enter fben 1234567 12345 / fsam 1234567 12345 and click enter

Step 18: DOSFLASH will erase the drive and begin writing the 4 banks to your DVD DRIVE. And that's it you will be left at a c:/ where it is safe to remove your DVD DRIVE and begin playing your burned games!

****REMEMBER 1.6 REQUIRES A GAME TO BE FULLY STEALTHED IN ORDER TO PLAY, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLAY A GAME THAT ISN'T FULLY STEALTHED, YOU MUST INSERT THE ACTIVATE.ISO DISC****

If you have any more questions just PM me or ask me here. :]

Hope this tut helped!
XisiLL
Squire
Squire

Re: How to flash a BenQ / Samsung with a laptop using iPrep 009

Post by XisiLL »

bump :)
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

no reason to bump the thread
its not going anywhere
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

guys
if any one does some testing with this let sadalius or myself know
how/what goes on.
thanks

just as soon as i have some time ill jump in with both feet also :?
No Questions by PM.
blueman101
Peasant
Peasant

Post by blueman101 »

i have flashed my liteon in the past and it required you to turn the drive off, push it in half way, turn it back on. Would i be correct to assume that for the samsung you do not need to have the drive 1/2 open.
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

you post in the wrong apot man
but
no you dont have to have the samsung drive half closed to flash it
No Questions by PM.

Return to “Xbox360 guides go here”