Create a Pandora Set Without a Modded PSP

Here you will find guides to help with your PSP modding.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Create a Pandora Set Without a Modded PSP

Post by sadalius »

Well, now that I've done some research, I'm ready to post a guide on making a Pandora battery and a magic memory stick with out having to have access to a modded PSP. Well actually, I'll be focusing on making the magic memory stick. I covered creating a Pandora battery in this guide. Only thing is, if you don't have access to a modded PSP, you'll have to go the hardmod route on the battery. You won't be able to run the homebrew program needed to convert the battery by softmod. So, be extra careful as myself nor anyone else here at robinhoodsplayground is responsible if you mess up any of your property or person (or anyone elses for that matter).

There is only one download that you'll need for this and that is this one (You'll need a PC running windows XP as well). Once you get it, extract everything out and you'll have three folders. Move the one named Pandora to the root of your C so the path would be C:\Pandora. Next open the Pandora GUI folder and run the installer. Now we will leave the PC for a moment and begin with the PSP.

On the PSP, put your spare memory card in, or a memory card that you don't care to lose data from. If you don't want to lose anything, then back it up to your PC before doing this. Turn on the PSP and format the memory stick from the PSP. Once it formats, make USB connection to your PC. Then on the PC, open a command prompt and switch to the root directoryy by typing "C:\" without the quotes and hit enter. Then type "cd pandora" without the quotes and hit enter. The type "cd mspformat" again, without the quotes and hit enter. At this point, if you don't know what drive letter is assigned to your PSP, you might want to go into my computer and find out. Type "MSPFORMAT X" where X is the letter that is assigned to your PSP. It could be D,E,F, G or anything to that nature. Then Press enter. It will ask you if your sure, press Y and hit enter. It should do it's thing and then tell you that it was successful. Now close out of the command prompt. Turn off the USB connection and remove the memory stick. Now put the memory stick back in and turn on the USB connection again. There should be nothing on the memory stick at all. Now you want to copy the contents of the Pandora's Files Premade folder (not the whole folder, just the contents) to the root of your memory stick.

Almost done!! Now run the Pandora's GUI program that you installed earlier. When it loads, make sure that your PSP is listed in the PSP Memorycard drop down box and then click the Write IPL button in stage 4. Don't worry about anything else, just choose the Write IPL button. When thats done, you can close everything out, disconnect the USB connection, power down your PSP, and insert your pandora's battery for a test to see if it automatically boots itself to the pandora menu. If so, congrats, you now have a working Pandoras Battery set without the aid of a modded PSP.

I was going to add pictures to this at some point, but I found a video that goes right along with this. It was made by someone that goes by Zzk and he did an excellent job with his video. He shows you how to make a pandora battery hardmod and how to make the magic memory stick in the same fashion that I found in my research through psp-hacks. If you try to make your own pandora battery like this, please use caution and don't slice your finger/hand or any other extremity in the process!!

Hope this helps!!! I have updated the files to now include the Open Source Pandora Battery Tool in case you need to softmod a battery. This version is compatible with both phat and slim batteries. I also removed the 1.50 addon update to help prevent someone from trying to install the 1.50 kernel on a Slim PSP. It's not compatible on the slims, only on phats.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Create a Pandora Set Without a Modded PSP

Post by CoFree »

good guide man
I'm sure the guys will put it to use. :D
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

CoFree wrote:good guide man
I'm sure the guys will put it to use. :D
Needs pictures. Way to much reading without anything to look at! :D
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

ok Jman, you just volunteered for pic duty!! Just kidding. I already had that in mind. I just thought it more important to have the guide up and add pics later when I had them to add.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
Jman 31
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by Jman 31 »

sadalius wrote:ok Jman, you just volunteered for pic duty!! Just kidding. I already had that in mind. I just thought it more important to have the guide up and add pics later when I had them to add.
I was just messin' with you. You do great tutorials, I was just bored and cofree wasn't on here to pick on! :lol: :lol:
ROBINHOOD'S PLAYGROUND

Return to “PSP Tutorials”