Rocksmith

Member submitted game Review for the 360.
Forum rules
Do not post just what you think about a game.This is for a detailed review of a 360 game.
Make no mistake, this is for the "TRUTH ABOUT A GAME FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW"
The staff and I will not allow any flaming at all,but fill free to post up
if you agree or dis-agree
Also fill free to post up a game review your self. ;)
CoFree
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Rocksmith

Post by sadalius »

I know most people here are geared more toward games like MW3, Skyrim and the new Assassin's Creed. And don't get me wrong. I enjoy those just as much as anyone. But I like music too. I play instruments like the guitar, keyboard and an assortment of brass and woodwinds as well. That is why when I heard about Rocksmith, I was stoked. Why?? Because unlike Rock Band or Guitar Hero, you use a real guitar to play with. Not just an imitation guitar with 5 buttons to simulate strings. A real guitar with real frets and real strings.

So after playing this game, I would highly recommend it to anyone. Even if you have very limited guitar experience. With this game you can learn to play. It starts everyone off as an amateur and you only get one note at a time every couple of bars. This gives you plenty of time to find the note as it is displayed on screen and be ready for it when it comes time to pick it. When you are hitting the notes right, it starts adding a few more notes and you start progressing through higher levels.

You would either have to have a guitar with a electrical pickup, like an electric guitar or an acoustic electric to play the game, or you can spring for the bundle which comes with an epiphone Jr. I believe.

Only issue that I have is on my setup there is a little lag in the audio of my guitar and when its played on the TV. But there are ways around this from what I've read.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Re: Rocksmith

Post by CoFree »

i have been thinking
they could have something like this
if for no other reason than teaching

ill check it out
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"