Just a Fighting Thread Ufc,pride or any kind of street fighting
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

UFC 100______Ban Lesnar

Post by CoFree »

The Good,Bad and the Ulgy Lesnar show
By Dan Wetzel
So Brock Lesnar, in the parlance of pro wrestling, had gone straight heel.

After bludgeoning Frank Mir to retain the Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight championship at the hyped UFC 100, the former pro wrestling star decided to put on a real show.

Lesnar ran around the octagon flipping off the Mandalay Bay Events Center crowd with both middle fingers. He shouted at Mir as the challenger sat on a stool trying to regain his equilibrium. Mir stood up and they went sort of nose-to-broken nose before Lesnar cackled with laughter.

In the post-fight interview, Lesnar encouraged the booing fans to “keep going” before continuing to taunt Mir.

No one and nothing was spared. Lesnar even turned his attention to the UFC itself, which paid him an estimated $3 million for the fight, pointing at the giant Bud Light advertisement in the middle of the octagon.

“I’m drinking a cooler full of Coors Light, Coors Light because Bud Light won’t pay me anything.”

Anything for the children at home, big guy?

“Hell, I might even get on top of my wife tonight.”

With his clown-show antics, Brock Lesnar just became the greatest villain in modern fighting. From refusing to tap gloves prefight in a sportsmanlike ritual to this over-the-top rant that came right out of the silly wrestling circus.

“Straight WWE,” said a stunned Dana White, the president of the UFC. “Brock went so far over the top tonight I can’t even describe it. I don’t think in the history of the UFC we’ve ever done anything like that.”

Postfight, White pushed his way into Lesnar’s crowded locker room and took the big guy into the bathroom for a private “discussion.” Lesnar himself described it as “a whip-the-dog session.”

“With women in here you don’t want to know what I said,” White said. It worked, Brock showed up at the press conference smiling, supposedly contrite and even drinking a Bud Light.
ADVERTISEMENT

“First and foremost I want to apologize,” Lesnar said. “I acted very unprofessionally after the fight. I screwed up and I apologize. I apologize to Bud Light. I’m not biased, I drink any beer.”

It was mostly a chance for laugh lines, but it was still an apology. Lesnar said the pent-up energy of avenging a loss to Mir caused him to go crazy. “I’m a sore loser,” he said. “I don’t like to get beat. I believe I gave that fight to him. So there was a lot of emotion in this fight for me.

“Man, I was so jacked up. I’m used to selling pay-per-view tickets. I come from a business that is purely the entertainment business.”

And so that was the excuse. Lesnar didn’t flip, he just flipped the switch back into Vince McMahon’s operation where nothing is too over the top. The UFC, however, is real and it has tried to position itself not as a blood sport but one based on sportsmanship and mutual respect.

Lesnar did the UFC no favors in that regard. And neither did veteran Dan Henderson, who dropped a vicious forearm smash on an already knocked out and prone Michael Bisping on the undercard. Henderson then admitted he did it on purpose to avenge prefight trash talk. The UFC even went on to award him its $100,000 “knockout of the night” bonus. White also gave Henderson a talking to, but Henderson still said it “felt good.”

The damage done to the UFC’s mainstream momentum remains to be seen. While some will be repulsed, others will be drawn in. It’s cage fighting, after all. Things get out of hand.

That this occurred on the promotion’s biggest night, when the numerical significance of the card was expected to bring in a large first-time audience, wasn’t appreciated by the UFC. The night was electric and highly entertaining. And while it is likely to most offend people who weren’t disposed to giving mixed martial arts a chance in the first place, White was aghast at Lesnar’s act. This isn’t what he built. This isn’t what he wanted.

“What he’s doing out there tonight is not real,” White said. “You don’t have to act like something you’re not. This isn’t the WWE. I don’t ask these guys to act crazy so we get more pay per views. That’s not the business I’m in.”

In the meantime, the cementing of Lesnar’s reputation as the promotion’s most hated man is done.

“Brock hasn’t made himself very loveable,” White said. “They hate Brock.” For the UFC, a classic villain is business gold. He’s the ultimate leading man for the organization. Some loathe him. Some love him. No one can ignore him. For those seeking his comeuppance however, there isn’t a WWE storyline that can be written to stop him.

Lost in the antics was Lesnar’s performance, a brilliant effort that showed both his growth as a mixed martial artist and the immense potential. The question becomes, who the heck can tame this mountain of a man from the Minnesota woods?

Shane Carwin? Cain Velasquez? Mir in a final chapter of a trilogy of fights? No doubt they’ll get a chance, and no doubt they stand a chance.

The greatest beneficiary of each Lesnar snarl, however, lives in Stary Oskol, Russia, a man named Fedor Emelianenko who is considered the No. 1 heavyweight (if not pound-for-pound fighter) in the world. If anyone has the knockout power to stop the 6-3, 265-pound Lesnar, it’s Emelianenko.

Fedor doesn’t fight in the UFC though. He’s with its rival promotion, Affliction. He’ll fight Aug. 1 in Anaheim, Calif., in what is the last match of his contract. Affliction is hoping to re-sign him until 2012, but the UFC will come hard after him. More now then ever. And that means money, big money.

“Eventually Fedor is going to be here,” White said. “I want Fedor. We’ll end up getting that deal done and then we’ll do Brock vs. Fedor and we’ll do a huge fight.”

Time will tell, but the pressure to sign the elusive Russian has been ratcheted up. A villain was born and there isn’t an obvious superhero in sight. The UFC brought Brock Lesnar over from the WWE for just this kind of a sensation. And the big man has delivered – the good, the bad and the embarrassing.

Only Dana White has no scriptwriters that can contain him.

===========================================================
===========================================================

I watched the fight
I paid money to watch the fight
and
I think what his big dumb ass did is unbelievable.
IMO
I think he should be banned from the "UFC"
He show no respect for the UFC,the sponsors,The paying Fans and most important
His opponent "MIR"
I know the heavy weight class sucks,but i would rather the UFC drop the weight class than have this kind of crap.
Mark my words well
I will not pay to watch a UFC that he is fighting in again.
Not even 1cent
I will do my best to not pay for any UFC pay-per-view fights
(but still watch them) as long as He is in the 'UFC'
and
when i do my best I do it well 8-)

CoFree
"FIGHTING TYRANNY in a TECHNOLOGICAL NOTTINGHAM"
No Questions by PM.
heyyouguys
Squire
Squire

Re: UFC 100______Ban Lesnar

Post by heyyouguys »

What bothers me about the Lesner fight (and his career) is this. Up to this fight he had 4 fights total and i saw his very first mma fight back in what 05-06 i don't remember the year but it was against a nobody an was held in i think the LA olympic stadium. It was quick and over fast. Good for him, but now in the UFC, they gave him a title shot WAY WAY WAY too early what after two fights. I have seen all of his fights. I am ok with a small dose of ego from the fighters and they are all jacked up on emotion and adrenaline, its all good. They were talking about Thiago Alves and how he had 20 fights before getting his shot. I fully give the win to Lesner, he was lucky that in the second round he got it to the floor cause he was hurt bad after just a couple of punches/knees.

What are you feelings about henderson / bisping fight? All of bisbings trash talking, crying like a baby on the ultimate fighter, well in my opinion, he got exactly what he deserved or had coming to him, knocked the F out. In fact he got one to grow on. And I do not believe that Dan Henderson hit him on purpose after he was out. Most fighters want to make sure it is over and are adrenalined up, they usually go till the ref says stop. I have seen where they don't and the guy gets back up cause he was sorta knocked out. Sorry to all of you UK dudes. He got what he deserved. With that said i was pumped to see the UK guys win on the ultimate fighter. I could care less what country the fighters are from. They were more sportsmanlike and kicked major ass on the show and in the TUF finale.

Look forward to your thoughts.

BTW, Just got the prelim fights and am going to watch tonight when i get a chance.
twi5t3d
Bandit
Bandit

Post by twi5t3d »

omg who cares he and everyone else put on a good show it brought in over a million viewers u think dana white was to mad lol i dont think so he jus wanted the public to think he was really mad i personally dont like dana everybody knows what kinda guys come from the great world of wwe jus dont c the big deal really cause i dont let my kids watch stuff like that the reason he got his shot so early is cause dana is a promoter he knows people go for that crap he made millions :twisted:
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

I dunno I wouldnt call it a good show when your a punk dbag who talks trash to an opponent you just knocked unconscious actions speak louder than words, yet this 300 lb sack of sh*t decided to get in mir's face then disrespect all the fans at the Mandalay bay event center, then disrespect all the sponsors.

If I paid for a UFC 100 ticket $1,000 - $10,000 (minimum price is like 400 dollars and you get the worst seats in the house) I would be livid if I was flipped off by some WWE piece of trash.

The UFC prides itself on the sportsman like conduct, and the huge amount of respect all the fighters have for eachother. Go look at some of the most vengeful fights in the UFC just about all of them have ended with the victor congratulating the loser. then both of the fighters shaking hands of all the trainers and coaches of the other team...

I hate lesnar, always have always will. I cant wait for him to get his second loss by way of knockout. The ultimate revenge would be for mir keep the fight on the feet the whole time and beat the hell out of lesnar. Sucks that he was so stupid in this last fight...
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

twi5t3d wrote:omg who cares he and everyone else put on a good show it brought in over a million viewers u think dana white was to mad lol i dont think so he jus wanted the public to think he was really mad i personally dont like dana everybody knows what kinda guys come from the great world of wwe jus dont c the big deal really cause i dont let my kids watch stuff like that the reason he got his shot so early is cause dana is a promoter he knows people go for that crap he made millions :twisted:
well man
im glad to hear that someone thought it was a good show.

I payed for and saw the show.
and
no
i did not get what i paid for
i had come to expect one thing from the ufc and I got another.
I feel like i paid my money to get shot the bird
so for that lack of respect to all.
he can kiss my back side.

guys this is not going to be allowed to get hot and ulgy.
his post is completely valid.
He thinks he got what he paid for and that is all that matters.

Ill leave the thread open but
let tread carefully here
ok ;)
No Questions by PM.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

Only Dana White and the rest of the UFC camp knows what its really about. I can speculate and say that they wanted the drama to draw in the crowd. I mean lets face it, human beings crave drama. They are drawn to it like a moth to light. But I think Dana White knows why people watch UFC and thats it is not an entertainment business. Maybe they want a little mix of both worlds. I don't know and I can't say one way or the other. All I can say is that I never liked Lesnar from the point I saw his debut in the wwe. I just don't like the way he acts.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Just a note @ my comment, I may have came off angry at you twisted, but I was just pissed at brock, sorry if it seems my anger is directed at you ;)
twi5t3d
Bandit
Bandit

Post by twi5t3d »

na bro never took it that way sorry if i came off like that didnt mean nutn by it at all jus makn comments man im jus a ole redneck from arkansas dont take nutn i say on here to heart im the same way towards dana i jus dont like that guy at all again bro sorry if it sounded if i was gettn in sum ones feelings im not,again im sorrry :twisted:
CoFree
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by CoFree »

guys its all good :D :D
i did not think ether one way doing anything bad.
i just new this could get out of hand

That damn fight as people all twisted
No Questions by PM.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yep, probably exactly what the Fertitta brothers, and dana want.

There probably would have been drama after the fight had brock not acted like he did. Some people hate lesnar (me) and others love him, so there would have inevitably been drama about it.

I personally like dana, it may be because I have watched alot of biography's on him and I watch his video blog all the time.

Also, as a side note, not really related to this, why the hell does everyone always think dana is ufc, and that he is complete owner. Just because his title is president doesn't mean he owns the UFC. He only owns 10% and the Fertitta's own the other 90.
sadalius
Robinhood
Robinhood

Post by sadalius »

It's mostly because anytime anything goes down with the UFC, it's Mr. White delivering the news. Good or bad. When you get that kind of correlation going on, it's easy to say that he runs the show, whether he owns it or not. He may well be just a puppet with the Fertitta's pulling the strings for all I know.
Sadalius

No questions by PM please
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Yea, true. Thats dana's main role I believe PR for the UFC. The Fertita's and dana have been friends for like their entire life, so I doubt theyre pulling strings behind the scenes. They all pretty much seem to have a 33% role in zuffa even though frank and lorenzo get 45% of the profit, and dana gets 10.

Thats my thinking... :O

Return to “MMA Mixed Martial Arts”