Xbox Live introduces rewards program

All console Gaming News will be here.
tonyuk73
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Xbox Live introduces rewards program

Post by tonyuk73 »

By Geoff Duncan.

Xbox Live members in the U.S. and UK can start earning rewards points for all the time (and money!) they're sinking into Xbox gaming.

Following on the heels of Sony launching Sony Rewards for PlayStation 3 gamers, Microsoft has launched Xbox Live Rewards, a loyalty incentive program that gives points to Xbox Live members that they can use to purchase downloadable content for their avatars and Xbox consoles.

Microsoft is touting the program as “a brand new way for Xbox Live members to earn Microsoft points for doing things they already do,” like play games and (of course) renew their memberships. The biggest incentive in the program is 400 Microsoft Points for renewing or initiating an Xbox Live Gold Family Pack membership—that equates to about $5. (Microsoft recently raised the subscription fee for Xbox Live Gold from $50 a year to $60 a year.) Other activities that earn reward points are 100 points for renewing or buying an Xbox Live Gold membership or making a first purchase on Xbox LIve Marketplace, or earning 20 Microsoft Points for taking a monthly survey.

Xbox Live Rewards is available to both free members and Gold members in the U.S. and United Kingdom; however, Gold members have more opportunities to earn reward points—mostly associated with renewing memberships, but Microsoft says other rewards will be available for purchasing selected content via Xbox Live Marketplace as well as playing games, but no additional details have been announced. Gamers are limited to earning 15,000 reward points during a 12 month period.

Sony’s rewards program isn’t based on points, but instead places members into three categories—Select, Pro, and Legendary—based on their activity. Sony offers more attractive rewards to higher categories.
HaGGardSmurf
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Xbox Live introduces rewards program

Post by HaGGardSmurf »

Nice to see canada isnt included as we never are :cry:

They should add in reward point's for certain achievements. It'd definitely give me an incentive to get all the achievements for certain games, thus having me play a game much longer than I normally would.
tonyuk73
Herald of RHPG
Herald of RHPG

Re: Xbox Live introduces rewards program

Post by tonyuk73 »

HaGGardSmurf wrote:They should add in reward point's for certain achievements..
if they did man id be a million heir (or is that hier) id give up my job and game on!!but knowng M$ would have to put in a weeks worth for 1 buck

Return to “Gaming News”