Kindle iPhone/iPod Touch

Talk about anything related to iphones or ipod touch
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Kindle iPhone/iPod Touch

Post by BobSeager »

ebooks have been available on the iPhone for quite awhile but the biggest drawback for me has been the screen size. As small and restrictive as I find the Kindle's screen to be, the iPhone/Touch is all the more frustrating. I thought the included audio-book copy (as read by the Kindle) you get with the purchase of a book from the Kindle store was a fantastic inclusion but alas, that feature was essentially stripped because publishers and authors were complaining that this meant people were getting 'two for the price of one' when customers could be buying both... :evil:

The iPhone will not read aloud any content whether distributors approved it in the Kindle release (sucks).

The Kindle app (free) requires that you go through Amazon's store to purchase content, just like the real thing. Therefore, while this may cut sales of the Kindle, the revenue keeps flowing to Amazon and the lovable Jeff Bezos :twisted:

There is hope tho, free alternative ebook reader Stanza actually provides the ability to read .pdf books and word files.

Return to “General Discussion”