Oh boy the Chinese are at it again...

Talk about anything related to iphones or ipod touch
Forum rules
Do not link to iphone/ipod touch restoration files unless its an official Apple link. No hacked firmwares allowed so DO NOT ASK FOR THEM OR POST LINKS TO THEM.
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Oh boy the Chinese are at it again...

Post by BobSeager »

Let me preface this article by saying I do not condone this type of fraud, this extract from an article is strictly for informational purposes. What's interesting is that it was actually achieved and it may be that Apple has to honor the current cards, at least until the security algorithm is changed-

Chinese hackers have cracked the codes used for iTunes Store vouchers using key-generators, and as a result are selling $200 voucher codes for as little as $2.60 online. That’s according to a report on the blog of Chinese music industry consultancy Outdustry.

It points out that thousands of these hacked vouchers are for sale on Chinese online shopping site Taobao, where users are paying the hackers to generate codes for them to sell.

Apparently six months ago, a $200 card went for around 320 RMB (roughly $47), but the price has since plummeted to around 18 RMB ($2.60) as more sellers pile in. “But we make more money as the amount of customers is growing rapidly,” one tells Outdustry.

As Apple reportedly prepares to launch its iPhone in China, the news is sure to cause concern within the company - especially if these hacked voucher codes start being sold in the West too.

small edit:
cofree
stutterman
Bandit
Bandit

Re: Oh boy the Chinese are at it again...

Post by stutterman »

cool
BobSeager
Ally of Robinhood
Ally of Robinhood

Re: Oh boy the Chinese are at it again...

Post by BobSeager »

Once again let me say that I do not recommend that anyone do business with the site. This article was posted as an informational reference and a caution -a public service announcement- to people who buy iTunes cards online. I want people to know that unless you deal directly with Apple or another approved, reputable source, you may be buying counterfit goods.

Return to “General Discussion”